Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wuerffel, Watson Among Roster Cuts

TK

godeatgod,

If someone wants to sign someone off the practice squad, it's negoitable between the player and team. Sometimes they try to work some future "deal" and sometimes they don't. It just depends on how highly they think of the player's potential. :)

Most players though will sign with another team, because the $225,000 miniumum salary that comes with being on the regular roster, is far higher than the practice squad salary. :)

Originally posted by Trevor

Woohoo! Happy day, Woeful is gone!

Wish we could have gotten something for Watson.

Totally in agreement with you Trevor. I can’t believe the whining about getting rid of Woeful – WTF is up with that? No other team is going to take him, so we can bring him back anytime. Hell, there will probably be better QB talent out there soon anyway after all the rosters are cut down.

Regarding Watson, I liked him, but he had little to no trade value, and was not head and shoulders above 2nd round Betts. I imagine they tried to get a deal for Betts, but how do you assess the value of a back coming off his rookie season with limited playing time? As always, time will be the test for all of today’s decisions – I just hope the Redskins come out on the winning side of the equation.

Archived