Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles' wideout situation...

Fitz

Here's an interesting blurb from KFFL -

Eagles | No Rookies To Start - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

8:33 PT: The Trenton Times reports for the first time since 1997, the Philadelphia Eagles will have no

rookies in their starting lineup. First-round draft pick WR Freddie Mitchell, who figured to challenge for

a starting job, is currently the No. 4 WR behind starters James Thrash and Todd Pinkston, and No. 3

WR Na Brown. "I'm trying to be patient," Mitchell said yesterday in the Eagles' locker room after a

short practice.

Perhaps Reid is a bit Norv-like when it comes to trusting rookies, but if Mitchell does turn out to be a disappointment, then I don't see that they've significantly upgraded their receivers over Johnson and Small.

Reid sure played Corey Simon last year, so Mitchell must not have made as much of an impression.

And let's face it - it's really, really hard to come into this league and burn it up at WR. It happens very rarely. (I'm very hopeful Gardner will be an exception).

But if you can't beat out Na Brown...hmmmm...not a good sign.

If Mitchell doesn't contribute the Eagles could very well find themselves in a struggle this year. Staley's return to form is not a given. Mcnabb can only win so many games running around. He needs more weapons. Thrash, Pinkston and Brown won't strike fear into the hearts of many.

Archived