Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone have analysis on how the backup OLmen did?

PlayAction

Money for jobs or for the wars?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Money for jobs or for the wars?

• Jobs
    • Wars

It was obvious from watching the game that the pass defense for the first/second string OL was much improved (even against a vanilla defense). The third string OL was awful. I'm not sure how the rush offense really peformed for the first string OL. Portis only ran six times for a 3.6 ypc average. That's not enough to get a good read on how Portis is really doing. Second string running offense did really well but again that was against 2nd stringers.

I know that Trent Williams did well as a rookie in his first preseason start. I didn't see any issues with Artis Hicks or even Heyer when he played with the first string. I'm most curious about the backup players that have a chance to make the 53 man roster and may eventually start due to injury.

Did anyone have any specific comments regarding these players? I had heard that Kory Lichtensteiger was slated as a backup Guard but he played second string Center against the Bills. He seemed to do okay with the second string but he may have still been in there as Center (or moved to Guard) later with the 3rd string. The backup tackles looked weak but I didn't go back last night for the replays to see where Oldenburg was playing.

Eric Cook and Selvish Capers didn't partipate much, if at all. But, the coaches get to see these guys in practice. If they are not ready for prime time do you guys think there is an advantage to the team to keep them out of the preseason games? Skins could stash them on the practice squad with less risk of a desperate team picking them for their 53 man roster as a backup. On the other hand, there may be no risk if these guys currently play like the 7th round picks they were....

The 2nd /3rd stringers held their own

1st team (1st qtr) - Williams LT Dockery LG Rabach C Hicks RG Heyer RT (Solid performance by all)

2nd team (2nd qtr) - Williams LT E. Williams LG Lictenseiger C Hicks RG Heyer RT (Solid performance by all)

3rd team (rest of game) - Williams/ Robinson LT E. Williams LG Lictenseiger C Rhienhart RG Oldenberg RT (Decent)

E. Williams LG and Lictenseiger C stood out the most ... Robinson at LT replaced Trent after halftime and did good until he got full of himself and started pushing Maybin RDE (Starter) ... Maybin got pissed and started playing like RAK showing off his combination of speed and power ... Bills took Maybin out .... he started to own Robinson every series after they had their meet and greet.

Archived