Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iron Maiden, DIO, ans Motorhead concert

stratoman

I went to this concert Wednesday night at Fiddlers Green up in Denver. I was 12 rows back ans just left of center stage. Motorhead came on to play for 45 mins. They were ok and did a tribute to Joey and Dee Ramone, but I was there for DIO and Maiden. I hadn't seen Dio since 82 at the Cap Centre when he was with Sabbath and Maiden in 82 opening for Priest at the Cap Centre. Dio took the stage next and play a little over an hour. Dio kicked ass but I wish they would have played more Rainbow like 'man on silver mountain' and 'long live rock n roll'. They did play 'the mob rules' and heaven and hell' and all his other hits plus a new one or 2. Maiden was the best. They played 1 hour and 1/2. There stage show was much bigger, back drops of Eddie, a 25 foot mechanical bust of Eddie, and a 20 foot Eddie(guy in suit on stilts) dressed like uncle sam. Bruce was jumping all over the place including off an 8 foot landing.It was fun to see a three guitar assault(all playing strats by the way).There could be 2 rhythm 1 on lead, 2 lead 1 rhythm all playing lead or all playing rhythm at the same time. It sucked that 20 oz drafts were $7.00. Mixed drinks were $5.75 and this one chick bartender would just about give you a double. All in all, I would say it was a damn good show. If been listening to Dio all day and went out and bought maidens 'number of the beast' and "piece of mind'. They are both remastered with 2 videos on each CD that can be played on the PC.

Archived