Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

July 3 - Fredericksburg - Rypien Signing $35

MarkB452

Posted in the Butz and Manley thread, but thought this merited its own post:

on July 3rd at the Spotsylvania Towne Center, Mark Rypien will be signing autographs from Noon - 3:00 p.m. Each autograph is $35 and a photo opportunity is only $10. All of the proceeds will go to the Rypien Foundation. Please note this is also a Spotsylvania Towne Center event and we are unable to accept mail order.

I'm looking at the price of signed Rypien Footballs on line and the prices are unbelievable ($200??)...might have to get one of these....

6 current cheerleaders will be here too when Rypien is here.

Posted in the Butz and Manley thread, but thought this merited its own post:

on July 3rd at the Spotsylvania Towne Center, Mark Rypien will be signing autographs from Noon - 3:00 p.m. Each autograph is $35 and a photo opportunity is only $10. All of the proceeds will go to the Rypien Foundation. Please note this is also a Spotsylvania Towne Center event and we are unable to accept mail order.

I'm looking at the price of signed Rypien Footballs on line and the prices are unbelievable ($200??)...might have to get one of these....

6 current cheerleaders will be here too when Rypien is here.

It is a good cause, but I don't know that Mark Rypien will sell a bunch at $35. That is what he usually is gets at CSA and he is around alot.

>> It is a good cause, but I don't know that Mark Rypien will sell a bunch at $35. That is what he usually is gets at CSA and he is around alot.

>>>You were right. There was no line when I got there. I got 3 sigs and talked to him for about 5-10 mins without anybody else showing up. He was very friendly and thanked me at least 2x for supporting the foundation.

Here is more info on the foundation: http://www.markrypienfoundation.org/

I asked him about his golf game (not as good as it used to be he said), if he would be going to Carls (local ice cream place that he frequented when he did his TV show here in 1991 - he asked how to get there), the big win over the Giants in the Meadowlands in 1991. He seemed impressed that I knew the big play in that game was called "Sprint Bomb" (got that from 1991 America's game). He also had on his 2 SB rings from 1987 and 1991 and let me take a pic with my cell phone.

Anyways, I remember Don&Mike (from the Don&Mike radio show in DC and syndicated) saying that they knew he when he was the 3rd string QB and when he was the SB MVP. They always said that he was one of the few people they knew that fame did not change and that he reamined the same friendly guy. After meeting him on Saturday, I agree.

Archived