Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KC Joyner: Jared Gaither and Brandon Marshall Metrics

gorebd82

So.... I've seen this thread, and the JLC thread about Gaither and the Redskins.... is there ANYTHING out there actually linking us to him, or is it still all speculation? I tried combing through the threads, but couldn't find anything.
It's just rumor at this point, spread mainly by JLC and a couple other "reporting" sources.

I think there are some basic misconceptions on a tender. If a player is offered tender and he signs (say the tender is for a first and third) the first and third pick ONLY come into play if the player is offered a contract by another team and the team giving the tender chooses not to match the compting teams offer. It does not restrict the original team from trading said player to another team for any compensation imaginable, if they so desire.

Too many think because a guy is tendered and he signs that tender, that he is bonded to the team with chains. The original team holds almost all the cards, but if they want to trade a tendered player, the compensation received in the trade is negotiable and not cast in stone.

People want to give up draft choices for Gaither.

Is he damaged material or not fitting Baltimore plans or standards?

the metrics on gaither are pretty meaningless because he doesnt fit our scheme. he is a road grating power blocker, not a guy that would work in a ZBS scheme.

and as well as marshall would fit here, its gonna take a lot of firepower to get him here, which we dont have, and frankly we dont need him right now.

Archived