Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Cuts needed

Does anyone here cut a good render?? Or maybe know someone who can cut a few images out? If there is someone, it would be cool to have a cut gallery here in the GFX forum as a sticky so anyone can use the cuts in their sigs or wallpapers.

I have soooooo many hi res pictures but I stink at cutting a render.

What pictures do you have available for the public?

MILLIONS of pictures, I have a 100gb hard drive that is close to full. I just need someone that is good at cutting to put up a few so everyone can use them. I would do it but I stink.

That way works Who, but you to have a great cut you really do have to do it the pen tool way. I use the pen tool, along with my tablet, and my cuts are the greatest. I only spend about 5 minutes or so to cut out the renders. The people who do it really good will spend some serious time on it and zoom in really close to make sure the rounded areas are really rounded. I've seen some render cuts were you would think that the original picture is just of the player. Super good at cutting. I just don't have the patience. And, if you are good enough at using filters, masks, blending modes and such you can hide the mistakes from "normal" eyes. Most designers or artists can see the poor cuts though.

This is the one thing we are missing with the ES GFX Forum, a cutter and a render gallery.

That way works Who, but you to have a great cut you really do have to do it the pen tool way. I use the pen tool, along with my tablet, and my cuts are the greatest. I only spend about 5 minutes or so to cut out the renders. The people who do it really good will spend some serious time on it and zoom in really close to make sure the rounded areas are really rounded. I've seen some render cuts were you would think that the original picture is just of the player. Super good at cutting. I just don't have the patience. And, if you are good enough at using filters, masks, blending modes and such you can hide the mistakes from "normal" eyes. Most designers or artists can see the poor cuts though.

This is the one thing we are missing with the ES GFX Forum, a cutter and a render gallery.

You've mentioned his quite a bit Left. How can we see this tablet displayed in person?

Yeah, you are correct that as artists we distinguish the difference between excellence and just mediocrity cut renders. I've been trying to come up with different technique myself but it still takes time as you stated.

I saw some beautiful wallpapers on www.basketwallpapers.com if I remember correctly... check them out especially the Kobe ones.

I use the pen tool as well, but I bet it is so simple on a tablet..... I'm not looking forward to going away to college and using those laptops to cut out renders....not going to be easy.

I'm probably just going to end up buying a wireless mouse to use, but yeah the pen tool is great. And if you feather the selection by 1 or 2 pixels, it will get rid of lines you may have missed.

Wacom%20Bamboo%20Tablet%20Med%20Black%20CTE650K-10PK.jpg

Here is the tablet I use Who. I use the pen that you see in the image and select the pen tool in Photoshop and it makes it so much easier than using a mouse. The mouse has a tendency to move when you click it but the pen on the tablet is like holding a pencil or pen in real life. It is much more steady. Plus the tablet is so much fun to work with.

Wacom%20Bamboo%20Tablet%20Med%20Black%20CTE650K-10PK.jpg

Here is the tablet I use Who. I use the pen that you see in the image and select the pen tool in Photoshop and it makes it so much easier than using a mouse. The mouse has a tendency to move when you click it but the pen on the tablet is like holding a pencil or pen in real life. It is much more steady. Plus the tablet is so much fun to work with.

It's looks like something I've seen before. How much did it run your and what does the FN1 and FN2 do?

I'm going to get one as soon as I get my tax money back :)

Does the pen rely on pin-point or motion movement?

It does both. It just depends on what you are doing. If you are using brushes it can be uses pressure and stroke, just like a real paint brush. The tip of the pen has a sensor in it. When cutting you just click down on it like you were putting a dot on a piece of paper. It saves about 10 to 20 minutes when doing a cut compared to using a mouse. I got mine for my birthday last year, but I believe my fiance paid about $80 for it. As for the FN1 and FN2 buttons, you can customize any and all buttons to do what it is you want it to do. I don't use them and I don't use the mouse. The mouse is one of the worst mouses I have every used and it only works on the pad. I only use the pen and I only use it when I use brushes and the pen tool. It just doesn't feel natural when using it to navigate around Photoshop. Hope this helps Who.

Oh and I got a new toy also.

THE MAGIC MOUSE:

apple-magic-mouse.jpg

It is a touch top mouse. No scroll ball. You can touch anywhere on the top of the mouse and scroll up, down, left and right. If you have a Mac then you need to get one. Such a cool toy!!!

It does both. It just depends on what you are doing. If you are using brushes it can be uses pressure and stroke, just like a real paint brush. The tip of the pen has a sensor in it. When cutting you just click down on it like you were putting a dot on a piece of paper. It saves about 10 to 20 minutes when doing a cut compared to using a mouse. I got mine for my birthday last year, but I believe my fiance paid about $80 for it. As for the FN1 and FN2 buttons, you can customize any and all buttons to do what it is you want it to do. I don't use them and I don't use the mouse. The mouse is one of the worst mouses I have every used and it only works on the pad. I only use the pen and I only use it when I use brushes and the pen tool. It just doesn't feel natural when using it to navigate around Photoshop. Hope this helps Who.

Oh and I got a new toy also.

THE MAGIC MOUSE:

apple-magic-mouse.jpg

It is a touch top mouse. No scroll ball. You can touch anywhere on the top of the mouse and scroll up, down, left and right. If you have a Mac then you need to get one. Such a cool toy!!!

You've gotten all technological on me Left... you **** ;)

The mouse certainly does look cool but unfortunately I will be getting a dell laptop :(

The info you provided did indeed help me alot. Thanks again champ.

You've gotten all technological on me Left... you **** ;)

The mouse certainly does look cool but unfortunately I will be getting a dell laptop :(

The info you provided did indeed help me alot. Thanks again champ.

Dude, DO NOT GET A DELL LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!! Dell is having a lot of troubles right now. If you are going to get a PC get either a Sony Vaio or a HP. They are the best right now. And make sure which ever one you get that it has one of the new i3, i5 or i7 intel chips in it. I am actually thinking of getting an i7 chip and installing it in my Mac.

Yeah I agree with Left here on this one soup! I pay plenty of attention to lifespans of computer chips and such, that is why I'm waiting to get my Macbook Pro.... it is at the end of its life cycle, meaning they are going to update it in the coming months. I'm waiting for those i5 and i7's to be installed in the Macbook Pro, and then off to the apple store. Also cnet.com is a good site for reviews and although they are pretty critical, it is in the best interest of the consumer.

My opinion when it comes to electronics, is to spend the extra money ($200-$400) to know I will be satisfied, as opposed to skimp out and be cheap and have my laptop break. Also, look at it this way, laptops are an item you are going to get a lot of use out of and will last you at least 3-6 years, so why not treat yourself to something you are going to like? You know?

^^^Wow thanks man, great forum too...

I didn't know there was a forum for player sigs. I've only found those comic gfx forums.

Do you make stuff, if you do post your stuff in here, I'd love to see more. If its like that sean taylor sig than, you're a beast.

Dude, DO NOT GET A DELL LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!! Dell is having a lot of troubles right now. If you are going to get a PC get either a Sony Vaio or a HP. They are the best right now. And make sure which ever one you get that it has one of the new i3, i5 or i7 intel chips in it. I am actually thinking of getting an i7 chip and installing it in my Mac.

Left, what exactly is the difference in the i3, i5, and the i7 chips?

I have an HP PC now, but I need more virtual memory because when I bought it, the computer was equipped with all of these programs. What is a good suggesting RAM wise?

the i3, i5, and i7 are just the processors and the faster the processor.... the faster your computer will be overall. RAM just allows you to run more programs at once. I have a 2.0 ghz processor on my iMac with 3 gb of RAM... and sometimes that still isn't enough for me when I run Photoshop and search the internet at the same time. Sometimes I still experience a slow down or freezing of photoshop every once in a while.

I would recommend 2.3+ ghz processor with at least 2 gb of RAM. Now I know you're saying "2gb of RAM, but you have 3gb and that isn't enough???"

Well the RAM in my computer is DDR2 RAM and a lot of computers now have faster DDR3 RAM, which means you get more with less. Feel free to post any pc's/laptops that you want to get and I can try to give you my best opinion.

-die.hard

the i3, i5, and i7 are just the processors and the faster the processor.... the faster your computer will be overall. RAM just allows you to run more programs at once. I have a 2.0 ghz processor on my iMac with 3 gb of RAM... and sometimes that still isn't enough for me when I run Photoshop and search the internet at the same time. Sometimes I still experience a slow down or freezing of photoshop every once in a while.

I would recommend 2.3+ ghz processor with at least 2 gb of RAM. Now I know you're saying "2gb of RAM, but you have 3gb and that isn't enough???"

Well the RAM in my computer is DDR2 RAM and a lot of computers now have faster DDR3 RAM, which means you get more with less. Feel free to post any pc's/laptops that you want to get and I can try to give you my best opinion.

-die.hard

Exactly what he said.

The difference of the i3, i5 and i7 is that the bigger the computer, the bigger the chip it needs to run everything faster. So if you get a 13 inch laptop it will have the i3 chip in it because that is all it really needs.

Archived