Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Franchise & Transition tag numbers

texasthunder

Here are the dollars for each position:

The numbers are based on the average of the highest five or ten players at each position, depending on which tag you use.

Quarterback: $16.405 million [franchise tag], $14.546 million [transition tag]

Defensive end: $12.398m, $10.193m

Offensive line: $10.731m, $9.142m

Linebacker: $9.680m, $8.373m

Cornerback: $9.566 m , $8.056 m

Wide receiver: $9.521m, $8.651m

Running back: $8.156m, $7.151m

Defensive tackle: $7.003m, $6.353m

Safety: $6.455m, $6.011m

Tight end: $5.908m, $5.248m

Punter/kicker: $2.814m, $2.629m

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/29/official-franchise-transition-tag-numbers-revealed/

LB being higher than CB sticks out to me. I always considered CB the more valuable position.

Cool. So, how does this effect us?

The guys I see as possibilities for the tag would be Campbell/Rogers/McIntosh if the CBA magically gets extended. Outside of that I don't know of any impending FA's that could be worth one of those prices even in an uncapped year.

LB being higher than CB sticks out to me. I always considered CB the more valuable position.

The guys I see as possibilities for the tag would be Campbell/Rogers/McIntosh if the CBA magically gets extended. Outside of that I don't know of any impending FA's that could be worth one of those prices even in an uncapped year.

CBs are more valuable if they are good. But the number of top corners from the whole CB pool number is less than top LBs from the overall pool of LBs, IMO.

I don't care how much it costs them in an uncapped year.

CBs are more valuable if they are good. But the number of top corners from the whole CB pool number is less than top LBs from the overall pool of LBs, IMO.

I don't care how much it costs them in an uncapped year.

I don't particularly care how Snyder spends his money either but it sets bad precedent. You tag a guy to be for example a nickle CB (since we don't have any tagable starters) for $X. If you then attempt to sign a guy to be a starting corner, he's going to want $X+ Y because he's "better." If X is already a high number it's effecting other longer term contracts. If the cap comes back this could get us in trouble.

Archived