Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas Wall (Visit my profile for the latest)

This is by far the best wall you have made WhoRU... Very well done. Still not liking the pixels that you throw in your work. Take that out and you have an amazing wall.

Great job!!!

Thank you both, please do tell how it is I can eliminate the pixelated impression.

I think that I'm going to start adding another light color layer to my work (which is what I'm doing now). I've tried finding large photographs that indeed are High Resolution but without the Topaz Clean Filter, I'm pretty much stranded when dealing with these pixels.

Please do tell?!

Thank you both, please do tell how it is I can eliminate the pixelated impression.

I think that I'm going to start adding another light color layer to my work (which is what I'm doing now). I've tried finding large photographs that indeed are High Resolution but without the Topaz Clean Filter, I'm pretty much stranded when dealing with these pixels.

Please do tell?!

I'm not talking about the pixelation of renders. I'm talking about that small, circular particles coming from his shoulder. I notice you put stuff like that in most of your work. Why? It draws my eye more than the main render does. Do you know what I'm talking about?

That is actually explosion coming from his shoulder Left. I just used a soft brush and the dissolve effect.

I get the explosion but I don't like that dissolve effect. You should do something else there. I don't like the look of the dissolve effect. There is a way to create that effect with small brushes. I just don't like that dissolve effect.

That is great WhoRU. I only have the Topaz Adjust myself. You and SOUP are the ones with the whole bundle. Did you purchase it or found a download of it?

Well for now, I only use the Topac Adjust myself because that was the only filter that came with a free keycode ;)

The Clean Filter looks amazing also especially when you want to knock out some of the contrast and pixelation. Do you use Illustration and how does do you guys make your layers look so transparent as Soup's Ladell Betts Wall.

Remember, I am still learning the tricks and trade to Photoshop.

Well for now, I only use the Topac Adjust myself because that was the only filter that came with a free keycode ;)

The Clean Filter looks amazing also especially when you want to knock out some of the contrast and pixelation. Do you use Illustration and how does do you guys make your layers look so transparent as Soup's Ladell Betts Wall.

Remember, I am still learning the tricks and trade to Photoshop.

The way I make the layers transparent is Masks. And when you use masks make sure that you are using a large, soft brush. The bigger the brush the easier it is to create that transparent look. Remember, when using the larger brushes don't go all the way to the middle of the brush, only use the outside edges, because the brushes will be big you will only need to use the outside edges.

Do you know how to use Masks in Photoshop? Does any of what I said make since?

No. On the layers palette there buttons at the bottom. First click on the layer you want to mask. Then just hover over the buttons until you see one that says mask or layer mask, something like that. When you hit the button you will see a white sqare appear next to the layer you have selected.

Now the colors will automatically change to blackand white. Ok, so black erases parts of the layer. White brings it back. You can use any brush you want as long as the colors are black and white. God, I hope I'm making since here. I would just use any picture to get a hang of it. But just mess around and you will get the hang of it.

The reason you use masks is to not permenately delete something. This way if you are working on a wall and you use the mask to erase something in the render and later on it doesn't look right you can go back and fix it without having to put a new image of the render in the wall. Does any of this make since to you? I can help more tomorrow if you don't understand.

Well, I've been trying to work with the Mask Tool but still am a little confused about it.

When you guys are doing your texts, what's the trick in using the layer mask with those? How do I upload more text fonts because I've tried looking for the fonts feature for me to put the texts in Photoshop and I have not found one. I can upload as many brushes as I want, but I can't seem to do it with the fonts.

Mind you, I do not have a purchased copy of Photoshop.

Well, I've been trying to work with the Mask Tool but still am a little confused about it.

When you guys are doing your texts, what's the trick in using the layer mask with those? How do I upload more text fonts because I've tried looking for the fonts feature for me to put the texts in Photoshop and I have not found one. I can upload as many brushes as I want, but I can't seem to do it with the fonts.

Mind you, I do not have a purchased copy of Photoshop.

I don't mask my text. As far as fonts go you should just be able to install them on your computer and by doing that the font should show up in any program that uses fonts. Like when I install a font I have access to it in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and so on.

Who, You're not ready to get that advanced with photoshop. Just take it easy and practice, you will naturally learn about masking. I still haven't seen you use the opacity correctly yet. you need to improve on lighting, coloring, Brightness/contrast, sharpness, text, construction, flow.... I meam you're still learning my friend. See this is why I don't like Gimp, you should have just jumped into photoshop, you would be a lot further with this stuff. You're basically learning two programs and gimp isn't needed at all. Its like learning chinese but you're going to mexico.

Just stick with photoshop you should get better every couple of weeks or so. But you have to learn all the tools. Everything you need is in photoshop. Don't go back to gimp...come to the dark side our powers are great, we can throw lighting bolts from our ***.

Who, You're not ready to get that advanced with photoshop. Just take it easy and practice, you will naturally learn about masking. I still haven't seen you use the opacity correctly yet. you need to improve on lighting, coloring, Brightness/contrast, sharpness, text, construction, flow.... I meam you're still learning my friend. See this is why I don't like Gimp, you should have just jumped into photoshop, you would be a lot further with this stuff. You're basically learning two programs and gimp isn't needed at all. Its like learning chinese but you're going to mexico.

Just stick with photoshop you should get better every couple of weeks or so. But you have to learn all the tools. Everything you need is in photoshop. Don't go back to gimp...come to the dark side our powers are great, we can throw lighting bolts from our ***.

That is true Soup. I am indeed still learning but I am like a sponge, I pick up things very quickly.

I am taking everything in prematurely and trying to get better with the contrast, sharpness and lighting. You'll see once I've began overloading this thread with walls and sigs. I promise you will see improvement in each but you have to remember that I am developing my own style.

You and Left already have your trademarks so I am trying to find my niche.

Yeah, SOUP is right. Stick with Photoshop and you will get so much better and faster. Leave Gimp alone. Just use PS. I didn't mean to through some advanced stuff at you. I didn't realize you were still learning PS, when I left you had started working with PS. I thought you would be further along. My bad man. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Well, you know who to come to when you get more advanced and want to learn some new techniques.

Yeah, SOUP is right. Stick with Photoshop and you will get so much better and faster. Leave Gimp alone. Just use PS. I didn't mean to through some advanced stuff at you. I didn't realize you were still learning PS, when I left you had started working with PS. I thought you would be further along. My bad man. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Well, you know who to come to when you get more advanced and want to learn some new techniques.

It's all good champ.

There is actually nothing advanced about masking... just have to get the hang of it.

Stick around for sure and enjoy the visual ride :)

Left, how can I do a fast cut of a render without having to pen point the entire render?

When I first started I used masks to cut my renders. Now I have a tablet. I can cut a render out with the pen tool using my tablet in about 5 minutes, if that. It used to take me 30 minutes or so to cut renders out using a mouse. I suggest you get a tablet. Cutting renders is just something that takes time. If you want your wall or sig or whatever to look really good you have to take your time to cut it out. Just be patient.

Seriously though, get a tablet.

Archived