Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Run Pass Ratio

G1

Ignoring runs by Campbell, which were unlikely designed as run plays and more likely him running for his life, we called 14 run plays to 39 pass plays yesterday.

In those conditions, with this offensive line, what were the coaches thinking?

Ignoring runs by Campbell, which were unlikely designed as run plays and more likely him running for his life, we called 14 run plays to 39 pass plays yesterday.

The runs averaged for less than 1 yd. Nothing was working. I guess JC needs to learn to hand the ball off better...

We have the worst NFL offensive line of the past decade playing for us. We also have absolutely NO running game to speak of.

You can't really blame them for passing so much.

I would hate to play QB for this team as it stands currently. No offensive line, no running game, bad playcalling. It's essentially a no win situation for everyone involved.

I think the one stat that sticks out in my mind is: 77% of JC's passes ALL YEAR have been under 10 yards.

That's due to the offensive line struggles, tbh. It's hard to routinely throw deep balls or intermediate stuff if the line can't hold a block for more than 1 second.

The offensive line played pretty well against the Saints.. and later in the game the team took more shots down the field. I think if they see early in games (as we did yesterday) that our line is in for a long night... the coaches just essentially resign themselves to calling short plays all night.

Archived