Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green --- Prick?

DSF

It not all about giving autographs. I have no problem with him declining to sign autos, but as someone else said in this post its a two way street. I would think some one of DG's intgrity would choose to leave a postive impression on the younger generation as long as treated with respect. Especially some one who may not have the same memories of this great Redskin figure that we have.

If it hasn't already been printed, let the signer beware. Darrell Green was stung evidently by signing his name to something by way of a manipulation perhaps. However, I do find it strange to sign 'some" and not others. Oh well to each his own.

Korny you are shoveling it bud. I couldn't care less about Autographs. I have two and they weren't asked for. One from Greg Lemond on a blown up pick I took of him in a race. I never asked, he merely offered after sitting with me and 2 friends for 45 mins just "shotting the chit".

The other is a Joe Gibbs sig I got when my Pop and I met him and several other players on a social basis. I never asked but JG could tell I was out of my mind with awe so he picked up a pic and hooked me up.

Autographs are pretty stupid IMO and I can't stand being labeled or seen as an annoying groupie like fan so I would NEVER ask for one. I would much rather just say hello and not even mention what they are famous for. it's amazing how eager some celebrities are to have a conversation without the idolizing annoying fans coming through. I've met my share of celebrities and bar none they all appreciate just being treated like a regular Joe.

That said Korny you miss the point by a mile. This isn't about Autographs it's about how someone carries themselves and a philosophy in life. We've heard several stories here that have absolutely nothing to do with Autographs or innappropriate harrassment of the player. Several people here alone have met the guy socially and he's been a prick. I know of at least 2 diff people who have done business with him and they are adamant about him being a total dikhead. One guys quote was "He just doesn't give a chit about anything but his charity". The guy was enough of a jerk that one guy wouldn't do business with him for just about anything and this was something DG and his charity were benefitting from.

Just as not signing an autograph doesn't make a guy a prick, giving to a charity doesn't mean he ISN'T one.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

This is a sidenote, but while we're on the topic of ******* celebrities...my brother's friend used to be a flight attendent on Al Gore's plane. Apparently Gore was a total prick to everybody and acted like the staff was a bunch of peons.

Now he works on Air Force One and he says Bush almost never comes out of his office. At least he's not a dick like Gore was.

Umm.... they were peons.

Archived