Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would have thought this season almost amounted to something?

ChicagoRedskinsFan

At 2-6 and having lost to the worst teams in the NFL, the last thing I thought I'd be doing right now is thinking about how the Redskins could have been a playoff team. We were the bona fide laughing stock of the NFL. But it seems like a switch was turned on in the 2nd half of the Falcons game. We "should" be on a 5 game winning streak right now. It's not like we were just pesky - these games were ours and we gave them away. Ok, I'll give you the Eagles game because you can't let good teams hang around and expect to win all the time. But if we simply had a reliable kicker, the Cowboys and Saints games would have been in the bag and we'd be 6-7. At 6-7, these last games would have meaning, since we play the teams directly ahead of us for the last wild card. At home. And Dallas has the Saints this week. Throw in the Carolina game (blowing a 15 pt lead), and we're talking 7-6 and things become very interesting. I'm even conceding the Lions and Chiefs games, because we barely beat the Rams and Bucs.

I know this is idle, worthless speculation. But it's all I'm left with. I'm just amazed that this nightmare season was actually a couple of plays away from playoff contention in December. Thanks for humoring me as I think about what might have been. Again.

Nah, in the past five games we've done about how I expected this team to have performed at the beginning of the season......playing hard but just coming up short on the way to a 8-8/9-7 season.

What I didn't expect was for this team to roll over like it did against the league doormats early on.

Archived