Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Argument...Devin Thomas Vs. Rock Cartwright

Zarg

I don't know that he gets 10 more yards on those two returns, though. There was a reason Thomas was going laterally...he would have hit a wall of defenders.

Thomas is the Randel El of Kickoff Returns, he just runs side to side hoping to find wide open space. He got dropped behind the 20 twice last game, Rock hasn't been dropped behind the the 20 that much this whole season.

Players run laterally because they are afraid that a possible head on hit would be too devastating. Rock runs strait ahead and gets the guaranteed yardage, then works to to break one open. Thomas looks to break it open as soon as he sees the ball, and gets dropped early because of it.

I rather have Rock back there any day.

I don't know that he gets 10 more yards on those two returns, though. There was a reason Thomas was going laterally...he would have hit a wall of defenders.

i don't have a concrete reason as to why rock would have got the 10 yards, but i do know that rock consistently gets around the 25, give or take a yard or two, even when he runs into a wall of defenders.

Archived