Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11/10 : Redskins Signing in Fredericksburg VA - CHARITY BENEFIT!

MarkB452

$12 each or 6 for $60

Rick Walker, Roy Jefferson, Mike Nelms, and Ron Saul. Also, Sonny Randle (UVA) and Mark Washington (Dallas - best known as the guy Charley Taylor smoked for his 2nd TD in the 1972 NFC Championship game).

More Info here:

http://www.leaderinsports.com/Public_Signings.html

PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE FREDERICKSBURG AREA FOOD BANK. I went to this event last year and it was very nice. I will be going again. I want to get Walker to sign a "Fun Bunch" pic and Jefferson to sign something from "Brotherhood of Death". I also have a ball that I am trying to get as many of the 70 greatest Redskins to sign as I can afford.

Yeah I really need to get Doc Walker's autograph at some point. I have a fun bunch picture that Otis Wonsley and Virgil Seay signed. I would like to add Charley Brown, Doc Walker, and Alvin Garrett. I saw that Charley Brown was at the Howard County fair back in October, but I wasn't able to get him. I will try my hardest to get Doc Walker's autograph. I know that he does stuff yearly, but this is a good time right now for me to jump on this one.

LOL...I was thinking of having him sign the pic of Taylor scoring in the 1972 NFC Championship, but I will be nice. I was in the store a few weeks ago and asked WHY are they having a Dallas player there? They said that there were requests to have Dallas players attend this event. They had asked several in the area and they all wanted at least $5K to appear at this event which is a charity function. Anyways, props to Mark Washington for not being a money grubbing Dallas scum ball.

Great event!! Kudos for the folks at the Card Cellar. I got there around 7:10 and Walker was just getting out of his car. Paid for my sigs and some raffle tickets with my credit card and joined the line. There were about 20 or so folks waiting for Walker, but the line moved pretty fast and things were well organized. I had a copy of Brotherhood of Death and asked Roy Jefferson some questions about it. Mark Washington had never heard of the movie and kept asking Jefferson questions about it. I had thought about having him sign it, but opted instead for a pic and a mini-helmet. Sonny Randle signed my UVA book twice (even though I was only supposed to get one sig). Some guys in line had helmets that they got signed.

There was a raffle as well for some places in the Fredericksburg area and items from the Card Cellar as well. As stated before, all proceeds went to the Frederiicksburg Food Bank.

I will definitely attend again next year and encourage people to attend as well. I would love to see "Bullet" Bill Dudley next year (HINT, HINT!!)....not sure where he lives but he was at UVA this year to raise the power of Orange flag before one of the Football games.

I was there early, and didn't hang around for Doc. When someone gets caught in traffic you just never know how long it can take.

Dudley, don't see that happening. They did have him a few years ago. He has scheduled and canceled so many appearances at other places that I would be surprised to see anyone try to bring him in anywhere.

I was there early, and didn't hang around for Doc. When someone gets caught in traffic you just never know how long it can take.

Dudley, don't see that happening. They did have him a few years ago. He has scheduled and canceled so many appearances at other places that I would be surprised to see anyone try to bring him in anywhere.

>> Sorry I missed you. One of the guys (big guy with salt and pepper hair and beard) at the store overheard me talking about the ES board and asked me if I was MarkB452 or Slingin33.

Anyways, he said he wanted to thank the two of us for promoting the event in this thread.

BTW, anybody hear how much was raised this year?

- MB

PS Gotta meet Bostic in January.

Archived