Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLPA: An Exclusive Interview with London Fletcher

Stugein

LINK

---------------------

By Mike Donnelly

NFLPLAYERS.COM

London Fletcher epitomizes what a middle linebacker should be—durable, productive and consistent. The 5-foot-10, 245 pounder hasn’t missed a game in his 12-year career, currently leads the league in tackles with 65 stops and is on pace to exceed the 100-tackle mark for the 11th consecutive season. In this exclusive interview with NFLPLAYERS.COM, the defensive co-captain for the Washington Redskins tells us how he’s become the league leader in tackles and talks about the criticism that his head coach, Jim Zorn, and the Redskins have endured this season.

---------------------

Good interview, if a bit...generic. He touches on being the leading tackler in the League, health, longevity, and a blurb on Zorn.

I really feel sorry for Fletcher because he isn't going to win a super bowl here and he says that is why he still playing. I would hope that he would re-sign here, but I doubt that will happen because the FO will look to replace him soon enough. He is one of my favorite players on this team and has been a favorite of mine before he arrived here in Washington. He is the best free agent acquisition we have had in the Dan Snyder era. I will give Dan credit for that with a major assist to Gregg Williams.

Archived