Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Billick chat on NFL.com today...

PosseLover

His answer has nothing to do about taking the job if asked.

The question could have been

Q: "Brian, what do you think about the toilets at Redskins Park?"

BB: You know, they're very clean and quite comfortable. The custodian crew does a great job over there--the best in the business. Carl is an excellent manager, and surrounds himself by hard working employees who take their jobs cleaning toilets seriously. Their toilets flush easily and don't use much water. So to answer your question, the toilets at Redskins Park are grade-A in my book.

Yeah, he sure would take the HC job if offerred. :doh:

Why would Brian Billick put up with the hassle of working for Dan Snyder, and give up the $5 million/year payment Billick receives from Steve Bisciotti through 2011? Billick is comfortable collecting his near 1/2 million per month watching the geese fly over his estate on the Eastern Shore, while doing occasional gigs as a football analyst.

I think it is implied in his statement(s). For all the coaches not actively with a team and willing to get back into a HC position, they make suttle statements to catch the attention of owners or GMs. I guess you can say they are auditioning for a job.

I don't think those statements are made on the air however, and I don't think that Snyder watches the network broadcasts. If a former HC was interested in the job, wouldn't their agent just call up Snyder's business people? That seems more effective than making subtle statements on the air.

But I continue to think that no big-name coach will come within miles of this mess. If no one wanted the job 2 years ago, why do we think suddenly they'll flock here? At the end of the season, there will be no OL and no QB (Jason will be long gone), the team is in much worse shape than 2 years ago. There will be many jobs open in much stronger organizations. Why in the world would a HC come here? These guys all have a nice retirement fund already, and many (such as Shanahan) are getting paid tons of money for doing nothing. I don't understand why eeryone thinks we'll have our choice of these guys.

Archived