Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Contract takeover

Homercles82

Hi everyone,

Club level Section 328, Row 19 (under cover from weather), seats 9 and 10. Parking is in the Orange sections. These also include entrance to the 5th Quarter Party and first rights to playoffs and other FedEx field events.

When this season is done we have 2 years left on the contract. We will sign over the tickets to you with the official Redskins transfer of liability contract. We have really enjoyed going to the games despite some of them being stinkers and stand behind the Redskins despite the current climate.

In addition to that we will give you $1,000 ($500 per season) upfront to pay for parking for both the next seasons. The seats are upgraded to padding and personalized which can be changed to say whatever you want.

We can meet you where ever you are to handle the signing of the paper.

I am recently married and my friend is getting married soon. We both are moving on with our lives and need to remove this financial burden.

Please email me asap homercles82@live.com

:dallasuck

I just invested in club seats myself, knowing I would resell many of them on Stubhub because I'm not local. What great timing? I wonder what they do if you don't fulfill the contract? What if you lose your job or have some other financial hardship? The last thing you want to pay for is season tickets. I think we should be able to get out of it because they are not delivering a quality product.

If you can't transfer your contract now there will hopefully be renewed interest if we get a new coach.

I just invested in club seats myself, knowing I would resell many of them on Stubhub because I'm not local. What great timing? I wonder what they do if you don't fulfill the contract? What if you lose your job or have some other financial hardship? The last thing you want to pay for is season tickets. I think we should be able to get out of it because they are not delivering a quality product.

If you can't transfer your contract now there will hopefully be renewed interest if we get a new coach.

Where are your seats? Did you get them at a huge discount or are you paying the regular full face value for them? The reason I ask is that if it is the latter, good luck trying to recoup even a part of you investment. The bottom has fallen out of premium seat resales with many only getting 30% to 40% of the original face value (if they are lucky enough to get that).

There is no such thing as face value on premium seats. They have no cost association on them.

A former co-worker used to own club seats at FedEx in the early days. He said the face value on the tickets were $125 per seat. When Snyder took over he re-organized the seating, dropped the face value and began charging a higher premium for them with multiple upgrades available.

I cannot confirm this but it sounds plausible.

Anyways, I have gotten a few emails on this. Keep them coming!

Face value in this case is what the invoice amount divided by 10 games ends up being. If you take the 2 pre-season practices out of the equation, then the invoice amount gets divided by 8 instead.

I believe the first year or two the value listed on a club seat ticket was $60 and that ruffled teh feathers of the PG County PTBs as that tax revenue was based on the value printed on the ticket, not what the premium invoice was for.

I believe mad is correct. I had clubs in 1997 through 1999. I sat in Section 306. IIRC, the face as printed on the ticket was $60.00. My invoice, though, was $2,790 for two seats (i.e. $1,395 for each seat). That amount included all taxes. There was no itemized line showing tax.

The current PG County amusement tax is $13.17 on each premium ticket, regardless of the type or location. Since we know the county charges 10%, we can calculate the taxable value of a premium ticket is $131.70 each. The rest is not taxed.

Off the top of my head, I would guess it'll cost you around $1,300 extra to move to 305. I know the current price is $2,950 each ticket. Negotiate a 55% discount. That should work out to around $3,500 or so for two seats in 305. Watch out for the built in annual price increase though.

If you do your research, you'll find you're significantly better off buying clubs on the aftermarket the week before the game.

Off the top of my head, I would guess it'll cost you around $1,300 extra to move to 305. I know the current price is $2,950 each ticket. Negotiate a 55% discount. That should work out to around $3,500 or so for two seats in 305. Watch out for the built in annual price increase though.

If you do your research, you'll find you're better off buying clubs on the aftermarket.

yeah ive been researching so when im done with school i can upgrade but if its a ridiculous amount i may just stay in section 105 at least im really close to the intros:)

I understand how to calculate a value for the tickets but it isn's a true face value as that would imply that there is a value printed on the tickets like they do in the general admission seats.

Thanks for the information everyone.

True, but it's the best term we have. Tailgate passes and parking passes don't have a price printed on them either. "Cost" is not a good word because it's not clear if the item was purchased from the team or the aftermarket.

Maybe "perceived face value" would be a good phrase to use.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived