Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Red Zone scoring?

loymer

I have been reading this forum since before it was owned by the Redskins. I have always appreciated the opinions, and have never thought about giving my own. I was a Skins fan since Sonny was the quarterback. Anyway, my purpose is to offer a solution to scoring in the red zone.

Back in Gibbs I, he had the jumbo package for short yardage. Everyone in the stadium knew we were gonna run, and our guys shoved it down their throats. Why can we have that package today?

We can replace Heyer with Williams who is still suppose to be a beast in run blocking. We can replace Rhino, with Haynesworth who should be a brute blocking on the line, and then bring in the best two extra blocking tight ends. Pull Campbell and let Portis take the direct snap, with Betts on one side and Sellers on the other. That should give us plenty of options for running the ball down someones throat, and if Zorn still wants to call an occasional half back pass, i am sure our wide out would be occasionally open. Please be gentle as i know sometimes you guys can be a little mean spirited on here. Hail to the Redskins, from North Carolina......

I have been reading this forum since before it was owned by the Redskins. I have always appreciated the opinions, and have never thought about giving my own. I was a Skins fan since Sonny was the quarterback. Anyway, my purpose is to offer a solution to scoring in the red zone.

Back in Gibbs I, he had the jumbo package for short yardage. Everyone in the stadium knew we were gonna run, and our guys shoved it down their throats. Why can we have that package today?

We can replace Heyer with Williams who is still suppose to be a beast in run blocking. We can replace Rhino, with Haynesworth who should be a brute blocking on the line, and then bring in the best two extra blocking tight ends. Pull Campbell and let Portis take the direct snap, with Betts on one side and Sellers on the other. That should give us plenty of options for running the ball down someones throat, and if Zorn still wants to call an occasional half back pass, i am sure our wide out would be occasionally open. Please be gentle as i know sometimes you guys can be a little mean spirited on here. Hail to the Redskins, from North Carolina......

Not being mean spirited but your first thread might be your last for a while

Archived