Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Code...I started reading the Alienist last night....

Golgo-13

All I can say is WOW!! I have bags under my eyes because I stayed up much later than I should have reading. Carr really has excellent voice and it's one of those rare books where the environment really comes to life in your mind. Thanks for the tip, I'll let you know what I think as I get further into it.

Golgo, You won't be disappointed.. the book is crazy. I've read it 3 times.

I hope you love it, I've taken you up on "The DaVinci Code" and Session 9 and loved both, so our tastes have to be similar.

BTW, "The DaVinci Code" is easily one of my top 3 favorite books of all time... I passed my copy on to my mom and she loves it, my dad hasn't read a novel in years but is starting it now because of how much my mom and I have raved about it and (your'e gonna laugh here) my brother read it, he loved it, it is ONLY the 2nd complete book he has EVER read in his life... That's in his own words....lol

Also, The Angel of Darkness is awsome too... But just in my opinion, not in the same category as the Alienist. But don't get me wrong, it's only because I hold the Alienist in such high regard. I love how Carr changes which character is telling the story and story telling style for AoD... That was a cool and creative touch.

Originally posted by codeorama

Golgo, You won't be disappointed.. the book is crazy. I've read it 3 times.

I hope you love it, I've taken you up on "The DaVinci Code" and Session 9 and loved both, so our tastes have to be similar.

BTW, "The DaVinci Code" is easily one of my top 3 favorite books of all time... I passed my copy on to my mom and she loves it, my dad hasn't read a novel in years but is starting it now because of how much my mom and I have raved about it and (your'e gonna laugh here) my brother read it, he loved it, it is ONLY the 2nd complete book he has EVER read in his life... That's in his own words....lol

Excellent. Trendy page turner or not, it was one hell of a book. People like to cut on stuff when it's popular or on top, but there is often a reason for it. That was one book I could not put down. So far Alienist has been in the same category. A refeshing change from the last book I read which was a bore.

i love that you get a lot of old NY history from it... and the inclusion of Teddy Roosevelt is pretty cool.... it is a great read, but i still prefer "The Devil Soldier". a very difficult read, but it is a great peice of biographical history written as a page-turner... you won't want to put it down.

Archived