Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins at Chantilly 10-30, 10-31, 11-1

Slingin33

Yeah I saw that Cooley was going to be there. There isn't a ton of wait time. I went last year and I easily got Sonny no problem. I have to warn you that he isn't going to be talkative. You may have to ask him a question to get him to talk. He seems to like to chomp on his cigar.

I don't think that Barnes was cancelled because I could have sworn hearing his name called.

I was there for a little bit. Couldn't really enjoy it much because money is tight right now. I don't know what the last show was like but it was really sparse crowd. Mind you I was there from 11 - 12 and most of the big names wasn't there but the autograph line for Reed, DeAngelo, and Horton was pretty weak. In fact I would guess that those 3 Skins have fewer people at the time than Superstar Billy Graham and sweet Pea Whitaker in the corner. I figure that will change later in the day

There was also this one goof in a somewhat dirty '$ynder is a dicktator' T shirt. The message was fine but he dressed like a goof so it really didn't help matters. Did get a number people talking to him. Would have loved to see him around the Skins merchandise section. :evilg:

to second the previous post was a really dead crowd. Kevin Barnes was cancelled and did not show you might of heard the annoucing of Erich Barnes who was there. Anyways I was there from 10am-almost 3pm and the most amount of people I saw came out to rock the red and support the capitals. Current redskins players had small lines, Doughty was signing with all his procedes going to a charity and he had a seperate charity auction at the front with some of his signed cleats and gloves for auctions. As for Horton and Hall I wasn't in the area during the signing but did hear them get 1-50 and all numbers within the first 10mins it seems they were signing. I did pick up a Cooley game used jersey from skins merchandise table and had cooley sign it. Was rather impress/confused that Tanner knew right away what game the jersey was from without even getting a clear look at it without even knowing that the skins were selling jerseys at the show. As for former redskins most did well easily 50+ for those with one fee and those with multiple fees did at least 100+ in my opinion. There were some new dealers at the show that I haven't seen previously. Overall was ok show, had room to move around due to lack of people and the guest seemed to enjoy themselves as most that I saw acknowledged people and took pictures with people if asked and such

I got Reed Doughty, Jack Pardee, Joe Theismann, Sonny Jurgensen, and Charles Mann. Charles Mann and Joe Theismann were the nicest autograph guests you could have an experience with. They were talkative and they were energetic and were really cool to talk to. Reed Doughty was nice and the guy who was there with him thanked me for coming to his line. I thanked Reed and asked him how are we going to turn this season around he said that all he could do was work on himself and his own game. Jack Pardee was also very nice I also thanked him because my son recently came out of the NICU at Georgetown Hospital after a 4 1/2 month stay. He talked to me about his daughter who was born at 6 months and they told him that his daughter wasn't going to be able to go to school because of the problems she experienced. He said his daughter went to college and has three children of her own. It always gives one hope and since my son who was born in May came home it gives me hope. The day was really a great day overall and it was not crowded. The older Redskins were certainly crowded, but Hall and Horton didn't see too much autograph lines. Cooley started out like gangbusters, but then quickly cooled off (no pun intended).

Do you think any of the dealers made money? I am wondering how long they can do 3 shows a year with the current economy and they seem to be running out of names.

I would say that based on the lineup that they were really hurting for customers. The prices of the current guys is pretty steep. You could see really deep lines for the old guys. I am sure part of that had to do with the economy, but part of it I think also had to do with the fact that the Redskins weren't really doing well this year and people are down on the team. I would have loved to have gotten a DeAngelo Hall, but at 35? I am not sure about that. My guess is that the dealers were hoping that people would be interested in an all Redskins show on Saturday, but it was really average. The old school guys did great and the current guys not so much. Therefore it averages out. There were plenty of dealers there and they were selling all their usual wares, but the prices weren't what I would call stellar by any means. Some of the tables like the PSGamegear had some nice photos and all, but they were more of local heroes than the current guys. There were some nice novelty items and I saw some game used jereys of no named guys. You could get two game used jerseys 2 for 200, which isn't bad if you want some no named player's game used jersey.

Archived