Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop Judging Based on Media Interviews

Chiefinonhaze

One thing that frustrates me is people making their opinions based on what a player says to the media. When players hype other players in the media, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

For example, when CP was hyping Taylor Jacobs to the media, it ended up being nonsense.

Also, people crucify Zorn for being too positive to the "media" after the Giants loss, well what do you expect? Do you want him to break down game film to the reporters and chew his players out?

I am more concerned with how players and coaches interact in-house. Even after a loss, Joe Gibbs would always praise how players fought there guts out. Does that mean he was being too "easy" on them? I bet not.

Another misconception is that Jason is not a leader because of how he speaks to the media....that is irrelevant. He does not need to fire up the media. He doesn't need to show fire and passion when he talks to the media. He needs to remain calm and answer questions to the best of his ability when speaking to them.

Finally, we have no idea how Zorn/Campbell interact with people within the Redskins organization. So anything in the media means nothing to me. So all of these people jumping to conclusions because of player/coach interviews, can you justify this stance?

No one is making decisions based on media! How many coaches are going to hold to their guns with less than adequate QB's? We lived in Hawaii when CB was HOT & the only thing we are doing to him is cooling him off. The OL gave Campbell plenty of time and space but he cannot even step up in the pocket as is per USUAL for a QB. We need to make the change and we need to go with CB - nothing to do with the Media. I live in Florida, born and raised in DC, life-long SKINS fan. Just once (and even Gibbs would tend to hang on to a dead QB but at least he got something out of them once every few years - or a drunk RB that was built like a train) wouldn't you like to see a QB like the Jets just got hit the ground running? CB IS him. We watched him KICK "A" in Hawaii, got to live there for a while when he took Hawaii to the top - don't let him cool off...:chair::movefast:

:allhail:

:doh1:

:wtf:

OP, you bring up an interesting point. I would agree that what happens behind closed doors is significantly more than what gets said in the media. The most important thing about the team's public comments is that they aren't too revealing, offensive, or otherwise stupid.

pigSKINSchic, perhaps you should take your comments to the Cult of Colt thread, where you would be more welcome.

No one is making decisions based on media! Let's start a project of a qb who's never done a thing against top talent and who is currently on IR! We can start by posting in threads that have nothing to do with him! Maybe Zorn will finally see the light if I catch his eye with my unique font color! Maybe some of these rad smilies they've got too!

:wtf:

What a great first post! I fixed it up a bit for you though.

The media is looking for ratings, the players and coaches have to alot time for interviews. It is all part of the show, most of the answers and comments given by players and coaches are pretty mundane, repetitive, and are the same from year to year. I find it rather boring, it's just yam yam, yam yam yam. Chemistry, team effort, came up short, didn't execute, too many penalties, didn't check down, didn't check up.

Archived