Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the common factor?

KirkNC

In the last five regular season games what is a common factor? And why is it so scary?

Nov 30 New Orleans Sunday 4:00 PM

Dec 7 at New York Giants Sunday 1:00 PM

Dec 14 Dallas Sunday 1:00 PM

Dec 21 at Chicago Sunday 1:00 PM

Dec 27 Philadelphia Saturday 8:30 PM

Each of these games will be played in a city that at this time of year can be quite cold.

Last year Ramsey had a very hard time holding on to the ball once the weather was below 45 degrees. Remember? It was ugly.

Hope he is opening the freezer and putting his hands in there for 30 minutes each day and then going and playing a little pitch and catch. Seriously I hope he is not overlooking how the cold weather effected his performance last year. He needs to prep himself for the games played in the cold or we could very well watch a promising season go straight to hell. At least its warm there.:doh:

I view that as a wonderful problem to have. If pattrick getting adjusted to a cooler climate is the worst problem he has, he will be a gold mine.

Also as someone who lived in Hawaii twice and left, your blood does thin over prolonged periods in warm climates to help keep you body cooler & thicken in cooler climates (like oil). When ever I left back to the states I froze my but off the first winter no matter how much clothes I wore. One winter was in San Diego if you can believe it (even though I grew up in DC winters). It took one winter to get used to it and then the blood had acclimated and thickened and I was fine.

(Brett Farve adjusted pretty good from the warmest to coldest climates, Terry Bradshaw too. A 'gravy' problem to have.)

I think its a very good post. In the GB game last year it seemed to me that PR could not get a grip on the ball - and it was colder than the games in December. He fumbled, missed open receivers badly ... ball slipped out of his hands ... just couldn't get it together. I'm convinced the cold was a factor in that game ... could be a hunch but I saw enough clues that he wasn't ready for the Tundra.

He's a Louisiana boy and it will take him some time to adjust. It's mid-high 90s in DC during the summer ... no ability to train for the cold. Bradshaw was an LA boy too and he adjusted - so it can happen.

Only 3 out of those 5 games have potential for bone-chilling temps. New Orleans isn't a factor for obvious reasons, and Dallas will be in the mid-40s at worst.

New York may be chilly, but most likely in the mid-30s to mid-40s. Any football player should be able to handle that.

And home against Philly at night should be pretty damn cold, but he ought to be used to the chilly temps by then.

If Ramsey can't handle the cold, then I think we have a serious problem, because it has a propensity to get damn cold around here after about mid-October.

I think it'll be a nonfactor. I'm not in the least worried about the weather.

Let's review:

Nov 30 New Orleans Sunday 4:00 PM

Dec 7 at New York Giants Sunday 1:00 PM

Dec 14 Dallas Sunday 1:00 PM

Dec 21 at Chicago Sunday 1:00 PM

Dec 27 Philadelphia Saturday 8:30 PM

1. The New Orleans game in the evening of November 30 can BE COLD for obvious reasons - its in DC and it's after mid-October ... or maybe not.

2. The Giants in New York in December can be WICKED COLD.. or not. To be sure it's going to be in the 30s ... well that's cold for PR until he proves he can handle it.

3. The Dallas game in the afternoon of December 14 can likely be cold. Remember the Turkey day with Leon Lett sliding through the snow in the end zone?

4. Chicago at Christmas is COLD. Bank on it.

5. Philly at Christmas ... at night ... is f-ing COLD

The point is that PR hasnt performed well to date in the cold. There is no evidence to date that he can adjust. We all hope that either he does adjust, or the weather isnt that bad ... or both.

But the jury is still out ...

Archived