Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PV.com: Young Enough:The story of NFL agent Alvin Keels (D. Hall's Agent) M.E.T.

skinsfan4life1980

Damn, I'm jealous. Congrats to the guy, I wonder how got started at 20 years of age or what kind of background is really required for the agent as opposed to the lawyer who does all the paperwork. Is it just negotiations, player management and people skills/caring for your clients? Anyone have a better idea of what all an agent actually does?

good read... thanks for posting... have always wished there'd be a reality show about an agent... I think there were a few attempts but nothing with merit... love reading about the behind the scenes deals and considerations... kid struck gold with landing hall... 2 huge contracts within a year!!!

Damn, I'm jealous. Congrats to the guy, I wonder how got started at 20 years of age or what kind of background is really required for the agent as opposed to the lawyer who does all the paperwork. Is it just negotiations, player management and people skills/caring for your clients? Anyone have a better idea of what all an agent actually does?

Back when he started it was different, all you had to do was pay your fee file your paper work and you were an agent. Now its much harder, there are more requirements. In terms of agents job number 1 is negotiations..after that its all about player mangement/babby sitting grown men. Clients look to there agent for everything..but the agents more just over see everything like the lawyer the accountant and real estate agent those kind of things. The hardest part is getting clients, getting a top flight client to sign with you when you have no clients at all is next to impossiable.

Archived