Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Premium seat questions

d10

Hello Skins fans,

I just signed up for this forum because I recently purchased a premium seating contract. I was able to find answers to some of my questions by searching but I still have a couple.

First I was wondering how much resale value I can expect from these. I purchased these tickets primarily because my name came up on the waiting list and I wanted to skip through the 400 levels. It's the standard 4 year contract with guarantee for lower level sidelines after. The tickets I have are section 21, row 2, seats 17-20. I plan on using them for myself as much as possible, but some games I won't need all 4, some games I won't be able to attend (quite a few actually, I live 750 miles away), and next season I will almost definitely be out of the country and I'll need to sell all of them. I don't necessarily expect to break even on the games I can't attend but I'd like to know just how much it will end up costing.

My other question, I have the subsequent guaranteed seat sections in writing, and there are some 200 level sections listed. Has anyone ever been guaranteed those sections and then offered some of the obstructed view seating? I didn't think about that until a few days after I signed the contract. Just looking for other's experience or if there's a policy I'm not aware of that excludes those seats from what they can offer. I'd be pretty upset if after 4 years I could only move to seats where I can only see half the field, but there's nothing in my contract that specifically says that can't happen.

Thanks in advance.

First I was wondering how much resale value I can expect from these. I purchased these tickets primarily because my name came up on the waiting list and I wanted to skip through the 400 levels.

I would say if you get 25% of their face value for standard games you will be lucky. For big games you can expect more but I doubt you would ever get face.

First of all - Congrats!!! You have some really nice seats. Are you aware those are practically exactly on the 50? Seat #20 is literally on the 50 yard line aisle. The other thing is, there isn't 3 dream seat rows in that area as there are in most dream seat sections. There are only two rows in Section 21. So row 2 may very well be front row. Front row, on the 50. Those will command a high price.

Resale - Generally, you're not going to get what you paid for dreams on the aftermarket. But considering you're front row (if you are) and you're right on the 50, it's worth a try. If I had to sell premiums for 2009, I think I'd list them tonight. Ebay, Stubhub, and Craigslist. Make them the cheapest similarly located tix on the internet - although there probably won't be any seats as good as yours.

If you're selling only 2, sell seats 19 and 20. Make a point of advertising that they are on the 50 yard line aisle.

You've got a huge advantage because of the location of your dreams. Again, congratulations.

Regarding eventually moving to the LL, they won't put you in Restricted View. Your new seats in the LL will have a clear view. That has been policy, and it's probaby in the fine print somewhere.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the quick responses. I was aware the seats were on the 50, but hadn't thought about the possibility of them being front row. I'm almost sure that there is in fact another row in front of them, but I hope I'm wrong. :)

Am I allowed to sell these on ebay? I understood that I could only sell them through StubHub or word of mouth. Do they just not enforce that? I would think that ebay is a much better place to sell if I can.

Since they're premium seats, I believe you can sell them whereever you want. What are they going to do, take your seat license away? It's yours. You paid for it.

And you're correct, if that rule applies to premiums, it doesn't matter because they don't enforce it. Technically, we aren't supposed to sell season tix on this forum either, and yet, this forum exists to sell season tickets. It says so in the forum description. And the site is even owned by the team. Go figure.

There are definitely two rows in sections 21 and 22 (and 1 and 42), with the lower front row missing. They might number them funny though. You could call your premium account manager and ask.

Take a looky:

http://redskins.bridgelinesw.net/images/tickets/seats/lg-sec101.jpg

I went to a game a few years ago in the dream seats section, I think I remember it being 2nd row of a 2 row section and the tickets were labeled row 2. I'll call and find out.

Archived