Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Music Thread:What kinda music is everyone listening to these days?

TC4

Les Nubians has a new album out called One Step Forward that I really like. Also, Busta Rhymes never ever dissappoints. Old Prince jams always have a place in my CD player. And of course, I have to kick the House Music/Techno with Deep Dish's album Junk Science.

However, my #1 album right now is my Brother in law's new jointBoss_BigBang_listen.gif

I am a music lover and have been most of my life. I play the guitar so the types of music that I like are rock n' roll, obviously.

The older stuff I would say:Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Bowie

I love ALL of the 80's metal (I was in a cover band at the time).

Now I find myself listening to Disturbed, Creed. The closest I can get to my bubble gum 80's metal is Third Eye Blind. I love this band!!!

Iv'e also been known to listen to such classics as This!!!

Originally posted by AJWatson3

I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T

:D

You said it AJ!!!!!

I love old school funk and R&B from the late 70s and early 80s. Stuff like Cameo, Fatback, Zapp?Roger, and of course the P-Funk, which in those days is very unusual for a white boy in Virginia peanut country like me.

So I pillage both Kazaa and WinMX for MP3s. I also have a JVC RX-8010V stereo receiver that has a UBS audio port in the front, so I can play my MP3s on the computer and hear them on my stereo.

But the thing I am proudest of is that I have a copy of Sound Forge v6.0 along with the Noise Reduction v2.0 DirectX plug-in, made by Sonic Foundry. I have a LOT of old records, many are old funk jams that I have cleaned up the sound on to make them sound at or near CD quality, because some of the rarer stuff you just can't get on CD. Plus when you download songs, once in a while it's not off a CD, but someone's old turntable, so it needs help.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

as much as i love the bose system in my maxima i wish it would play mp3's... i could record every beatles album on just two disks!!!!

Yeah, those new CDs players that play MP3 CDs look cool.

But I bet the R.I.A.A. isn't too thrilled about them.

Ah PGA, a man after my own heart. Now that Spring is finally here in Colorado, it's 80% Buffett (I listen to some of the concerts live of Radio Margaritaville) with a little Country and Classic Rock thrown in. :cheers::pint:

i used to listen to a lot of buffet and then i went to one of his concerts... the most irresponsible group of people i have seen in my entire life. and to think the cops just sat back and watched... i almost got into a fight and that is really saying something. drunken hooligans everywhere... i was almost afraid to drive home amongst that crowd.

now it might have been one bad show, but it was enough to disgust me. too much booze and not enough bud.

Archived