Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sch private signing event: Joe bugel

mcarey032

What exactly does "private signing" mean. You drop off your item and don't actually get to meet the person and witness him/her sign your item.

What's the purpose behind private signings. Is it a way for a player to make some money by signing autographs without actually meeting people face to face.

What exactly does "private signing" mean. You drop off your item and don't actually get to meet the person and witness him/her sign your item.

What's the purpose behind private signings. Is it a way for a player to make some money by signing autographs without actually meeting people face to face.

Yup, that is exactly what it means. Sometimes it also means the player is actually appearing at another store, and they are taking mail order for that signing. SCH and PSGamegear do that alot for each other's signings.

A lot of high profile players do this sort of thing. The ones that are most notable are Troy Polamalu, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger to name a few. The truly elite players of today do not do public signings. There are multiple reasons I guess, but I guess it could be that they don't like meeting people. I did talk to people who do signings for PSgamegear and other vendors at the CSA show that Polamalu doesn't like signings because he is extremely shy. Go figure from probably one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league, but that is his reason. I am not saying that all the players and coaches don't like meeting people, but maybe it really isn't their thing. Some people don't enjoy signing autographs or the attention that it commands.

Archived