Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UVA wins lacrosse championship

I went up to Baltimore today to see the 2003 NCAA lax final, pitting my beloved Cavaliers against the Blue Jays of Johns Hopkins. UVA won 9-7 in a solid game. These two teams were definitely the top two in the nation, and the muddy and torn-up field made for a slobberknocker of a game. So, thank you, 'Hoos, for hoisting yet another flag at Kloeckner!

On a side note, it was my first trip to Ravens Stadium. I gotta say, it was awesome to have thousands of people WALK to the game, a la RFK.

Originally posted by chiefhogskin48

What's lacrosse? :laugh:

And I thought soccer was bad.....

I'm not a fan of lacrosse. But as a UVa alum, I appreciate having the lacrosse team win national championships. It helps boost donations for snazzy new stadiums and other improvements around grounds.

;)

What Buddha said.

Lets face it, as Wahoos we've got to cherish every moment in the sun we can, they are so few and far between. I have high hopes for Al Groh's program (we are top 15 preseason in a lot of polls). I'm less sure these days about Pete Gillen. I know he is a passionate coach who knows his stuff, but it has translated into much improvement on the court. We've always been a lacrosse and soccer powerhouse, so at least we can take some comfort there.

Archived