Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Jessica Lynch's rescue staged?

FROSTY28

tar has a point.....the original post essentially claimed that the rescue was staged.....the amplifiing evidence, if I recall, was that Iraqi doctors claimed empty magazines were issued. how this has expanded to Jessica fought bravely, Tommy Franks and the team engineered this to produce a favorable response on the home front ("sir, we gotta push those low 70% support ratings higher. right lieutenant, fetch the contingency plan for staged rescues forthwith - and don't forget to get a cross-check from Oliver to ensure we are on the right path. winning the war can go on hold for the day.")...is somewhat bewildering.......in fact, this is very demeaning in some ways...we're quibbling over how some American volunteers serving over seas during a war went about rescuiing a fellow service person.

as for the government and truth...well...that's a very interesting matter. I have friends who have worked at the EPA, DOA, FEA, DOE, DOC and OMB: some of the stories I have heard lead me to question other reports in the more politically correct categories. for that matter...I have similar doubts about the information promulgated by the Sierra Club, robert byrd, the NY Times, ANSWER....what's a lad to do????....:rolleyes:

The Pentagon has addressed the BBC's claims that the story was staged and say that's ridiulous. I tend to believe that. I can't see the military staging something like that... If bush himself rescued her, I would bet that was staged...:D

The pentagon didn't say anything about her injuries. In my opinion, I think the story was over dramatized by the press and their usual $hitty job performance in their attempts to make Lynch a hero by fighting off the Iraqi's... what the press will do to make a story.

The only thing I could see the military "guilty" of is not correcting the story if asked (about the injuries etc..) and I don't know if anyone asked them...:D

:doh: :rolleyes:

Man, this is gettng old. Look, we don't send anyone out with blanks when we are expecting possible resistance. We send them with enough force to get the job done and to get out, shooting all the way, if we have to. If that looks staged or overdramatic to some dumb-dick reporter, that's his problem. Where it becomes everyone's problem is when they report this stuff as fact. It is not the militay's job to repute every fantasy that some cake eating "journalist" dreams up, and we can't help it if one of these losers wants to write articles based solely on their interpretations and massive, first hand military experience.

Originally posted by Air Sarge

:doh: :rolleyes:

Man, this is gettng old. Look, we don't send anyone out with blanks when we are expecting possible resistance. We send them with enough force to get the job done and to get out, shooting all the way, if we have to. If that looks staged or overdramatic to some dumb-dick reporter, that's his problem. Where it becomes everyone's problem is when they report this stuff as fact. It is not the militay's job to repute every fantasy that some cake eating "journalist" dreams up, and we can't help it if one of these losers wants to write articles based solely on their interpretations and massive, first hand military experience.

Sarge, If you are rolling your eyes at my post.. read it again, I basically said the same thing you just did, only in a nicer way.... If you didn't mean me... sorry and never mind.

Sarge, If you are rolling your eyes at my post.. read it again, I basically said the same thing you just did, only in a nicer way.... If you didn't mean me... sorry and never mind.

Nobody in general, Code. It's just getting a little old seeing crap like this. Even older is the fact that people read this tripe and treat it as fact.

Originally posted by Air Sarge

Nobody in general, Code. It's just getting a little old seeing crap like this. Even older is the fact that people read this tripe and treat it as fact.

Sorry then... I pretty much feel the same way you do about it. In general, it's the media's fault, they are so worried about out scooping everyone they fail to make sure the truth is part of the story. If they had been more accurate rather than trying to make a feelgood story, the BBC would have nothing whatsoever to base their claims on.

Sorry then... I pretty much feel the same way you do about it. In general, it's the media's fault, they are so worried about out scooping everyone they fail to make sure the truth is part of the story. If they had been more accurate rather than trying to make a feelgood story, the BBC would have nothing whatsoever to base their claims on.

Exactly:thumbsup:

Archived