Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders autograph event 3/14. . .

mcarey032

I got him a long time ago. I think it was in Richmond at a CSA show. I would say it was average. Not the greatest experience and not the worse. Just sort of was.

Did he charge the astronomical prices then that he is charging now? Yeah I have had the sort of average meet with some of the former players. They were nice enough, but they weren't pat fischer nice. He was probably the best autograph signing I have been to. Friendly and really a down to earth kind of guy. Other great autograph experiences include: Bosco, Mark May, George Starke, Dave Butz. Clark and Sanders were really nice as well. Monte Coleman and Olkewicz were OK. They weren't overly talkative or anything, but they weren't rude. I guess maybe Riggins will fall into that category.

Where did you find Clark and Sanders at the HOF last August?

They were at the ceremony. I got sanders and clark. It was really pretty cool. I also met Kenny Houston in addition to Gayle Sayers who will let you take a picture with him for $5 that goes to his charity. I doubt that they would be at the HOF this upcoming year as there were no Redskins that got in.

Honestly I don't consider Bruce Smith a Redskin, probably because he doesn't consider himself a Redskins player and besides Gary Clark more than likely isn't going to go the HOF for a player that wasn't his teammate. I would be very surprised if was going to go. What sealed it for me to consider him not a Redskins player was when he was like four sacks away and they let him play all those games until he basically got the sack record. He was then benched the next games. It retarded the growth of our younger players and allowed them to go elsewhere. Players like Kalu and others bolted because we had to keep a guy who was well past his prime in order to secure an individual record that means nothing overall and to a player who wasn't really associated with this team for the long term of his career.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived