Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doubt *Spoilers*

footballhenry

So I have seen this movie twice now in theaters (I get to watch films for free since I work at a movie theater) and am quite intrigued by it. The acting performances in this film are among the best I have seen; Meryl Streep, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams give amazing performances. I will also say that of all the films that are out right now in theaters, this is probably the one that has people 'talking' the most in terms of conversation (might be tied with Gran Torino).

Now this next part can be considered a spoiler (sort of) so don't keep reading if you dont want to the movie to be ruined....

I want to know for those that have seen this film if you believed the Priest did or did not make advances on the young boy. I personally believe he was innocent and that Meryl Streeps character was intent on getting him ousted from 'her' church no matter what. Though I beleive that he was innocent, everyone seems to have their own opinion of course as my mother and sister both were sure that he did do it. I personally think that either he was gay and thats why he took affection to the boy (because the boy was gay too) and obviously wanted that covered up or that he had an affair with a prior nun which explains why he overreacted when Streep told him that she spoke with a nun. No matter your opinion, this movie is brilliant in not telling you exactly what happened and keeping you in 'doubt'. Brilliant acting, story, and film. Highly Recommended.:applause:

I saw this movie the weekend it came out and pretty much share the same feeling about how well acted and well done the movie is...but in terms of what you are asking,*spoiler alert* i agree with your mother and sister, I interpreted the end dialogue of Meryl Streep's as to her having "doubt" in the church because he was actually promoted in the church after the incident, Although they did not know of what had happened. This is kind of where my interpretation stalls, but thats what i got from it. Definitely recommended from here as well.

Archived