Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Training Camp

This summer, as a sort of sabbatical, my grandfather and I are planning to spend the night in a hotel near the Redskins Training Camp and go to camp for a couple of days and hang out and watch the Skins practice. Is anyone else planning to go, because it’d be cool to meet some of you all? Also, I’m thinking about buying an authentic helmet and trying to get some of them to sign it, do you think they’d do that? My biggest fear is some of them will blow me off and my poor little heart will rupture from sorrow. :cry: Seriously though, I’d hate for the image I have of my idols to be shattered.

-Wayne

Also going to the Giants game, Week 3, and we finally added our names to the waiting list for season tickets…

It's difficult to know how the set-up will be at Redskins Park. I can almost guarantee it won't be as fan-friendly as Carlisle. I've made the pilgrimage for the past two years and gotten lots of autographs and some great pics.

I met Schottenheimer and Spurrier, had LaVar pose with me for a photo and got to speak with several Redskins up in Carlisle.

Some of the players will blow you off, but don't read too much into it. The fans' behavior toward the players can be pretty offensive and after having a tough day or practice or having a coach chew you out, I'm guessing signing autographs isn't their top priority.

The rookies enjoy it more than the vets, but there are guys like Darnerian McCants who'll go out of the way to sign for you.

Best of luck. I'm passing on camp if it's at Redskin Park this year.

Having been to camp at both Redskins Park and Carlisle, the two experiences don't even compare. At Redskins park there are over a thousand people lined up against a barrier, which the players sometimes go by and sign. In Carlisle, everyone was laid back and you would always see players walking around. They seemed much happier in Carlisle and would smile and say hello as you walked by.

TennCarl

I have to agree, I'm from Harrisburg which is 12 miles away from Carlisle and it was a joy to have Camp down there. I was always able to see the players first hand and up close, so many of them would stop and talk on the way into the locker room. Heck, most of my autographs came when i was in the Ice cream store at the end of the stadium. I'm going to take a few days off and go to Redskins park but from all that I'm hearing, I'm not looking for that laid back atmoshere that I once enjoyed in Carlisle.

Archived