Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disarray maybe not so bad...?

FunBunch7

Take a look at the Giants the 2nd half of 2006...they started out 6-2 only to stumble down the stretch to an 8-8 finish then got bumped in the first round of the playoffs...

Then the first 2 game last season they looked HORRIBLE until they got a "gift" on the goal line at Fed Ex in week 3...

We all know they went on to win the Super Bowl in perhaps the greatest upset of all time...but along the way and more in particular, before things took off you had TOTAL DISARRAY!

Tom Coughlin was already on his way out...couldn't control Shockey...Tiki wanted out so bad he retired a day after setting the single game rushing record in franchise history...Eli was a bust..Plaxico was a journey man...the defense was old...the locker room was more like the Middle East...

So here WE are...we have a rookie head coach that has "supposedly" LOST the team...Jason Campbell is not a franchise quarterback no matter how you slice it...Portis wants the ball more but can't practice and has publicly undermined the head coach...

If it weren't so crazy I would think that Zorn would call up Coughlin and take Redskin One up to New Jersey and take him out to dinner to see how he got out of his mess.

Heck...with all this going on, we might be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this February...or maybe next...ya never know...?

You're way too optimistic. Disarray is not good. The Giants had a lot more going for them the whole time than we do now.

That said, I have a strong gut feeling right now, that the boys in B & G are going to take out some serious frustration against the bungles.

They know they've been pushed around on national TV more than once, and I think they need a release.

My guess is they're going to see an inferior opponent Sunday, and spend 60 minutes wailing on them.

Archived