Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: NFL Playoff Projections Week 12 (surprising Skins projections)

#98QBKiller

We can beat the giants. There is NO way this team stays the same. We can take great defenses, we will have to, and it will have to start some time. If we can't beat the Ravens & Giants we don't deserve to go to the playoffs nor win the SuperBowl.

i like your mind.

We beat the cowboys too. We had a bye. We actually got LESS healthy in that week. Our offensive line looks like an absolute joke and Campbell couldn't possibly be more tentative in his decision making. Yea, we played a good game against them up there. And again, I am not saying we CAN'T win. I wouldn't go checking it off of philly's schedule as a "W" for them either. But to say that is a win is crazy. We could absolutely lose that game. Cooley has completely disappeared since that game.
Well for the record, I'm not marking the Philly game as a W. But Cooley has NOT disappeared, he has been giving steady production. If I recall, he was 2nd in the league among TEs in receptions & yards after the Philly game, and is currently 3rd, and the difference between him and #1 is still about the same as it was after the Philly win. The only thing that he hasn't been doing much of this year is scoring TDs, and hopefully that will pick up, as scoring offense is probably our weakest area right now.

EDIT: I just looked at the stats, and Cooley is currently tied with Gonzo for #1 in TE receptions, and trails Gonzo & Witten by around 10 yards or so.

And to chalk up a game as a "L" just by looking at the opponent is just foolishness aswell.

Wow, you really are drinking the kool aide. How can anyone in here who is objectvely a fan of this team call any game on our schedule a "W" just by looking at the opponent? Seriously. CAN we win that game? Sure. I think we CAN beat anybody on any given day. But to chalk that game up to a "W" is just plain ol foolishness if you have been paying any kind of attention to this team. We are regressing every single week.

We have scored one touchdown in the last 2 games. We aren't breaking 20 points in any of these games. We lost AT HOME to winless St. Louis. We escaped cleveland at home, we got our asses kicked by the giants in their house, we got our asses pummeled by the Steelers in our house, then, after a bye, when we had a team on the ground with our foot on their throats AGAIN ON NATIONAL TV, we again got our asses handed to us AT HOME. You don't think Philly can come in here and do that? What do the games we lost all have in common?

The teams that beat our ass all blitzed cambpell, pressed moss and made jason look for a third check down reciever in Randle El, Trash or Davis and repeatedly we proved we cannot stop it. After that humiliating national loss at home to the steelers we did absolutely nothing to improve against that kind of an attack and much to Zorn's shock the cowboys did the EXACT same thing. Guess what? So will everyone else. So what teams will actually be able to pull that strategy off against us whether we are on the road or in the front yard at Zorn's house? The Giants certainly will. The Ravens certainly will. And yes, the eagles absolutely will. CAN we win? Sure. We CAN. Would I check that off as a "W" on my schedule? Not a chance. Having confidence in a team that had to know exactly what the opponents were all going to try and do, having an entire bye week to prepare for it, and not being able to do a damn thing to stop it tells me all I need to know about how many "gimmie" wins we have in store for us the rest of the way out.

I remember driving from jersey to sit in the cold rain when we came out with 10 guys on the field in honor of ST for the bills . .. at home. . . for him. .. can't get much more emotional than that. They broke that first 10 men salute play for 30 yards on a pitch. Then they lost on a time expiring field goal after our hall of fame coach called back to back timeouts. Yea, I am not gonna bet on emotion with this team.

and then joe gibbs yadda yadda yadda brings the team back into the playoffs right after, hitting a 4 game winning streak and beating dallas to get in.

yep, no emotion. no heart in this team.

:doh:

I can see that happening. I can also see us going 9-7 or 8-8 especially if we lose this weekend. A hate to use this popular cliche' but this Seattle game is absolutely a must win and so is either the Giants or Baltimore game. We have to win 2 of the next three to put is in that kind of position (obviously an NFC win gives you a better chance for a 5 seed or maybe the division if the Giants **** the bed.) If we win against the Hawks and the Giants, I will definitely start believing that we could go 11-5 or 12-4. But, I don't think that we'll make the playoffs with a loss this weekend. :2cents:

HTTR

And to chalk up a game as a "L" just by looking at the opponent is just foolishness aswell.

Agreed. If you look at my posts I diddn't mean to suggest that we CAN'T win. In fact I said it would be foolish if Philly put a "W" on the schedule next to us. The origin of this thread was a guy who has W's next to the giants, ravens and philly. C'mon. You can't really have glasses tinted that burgandy and gold can you? Have you watched these games?

Well I guess Im wearing the glasses and drinking the kool-aid also:cool:.

Why? Monday morning after the Dallas loss I was brainstorming on the rest of the season and came up with the exact 11-5 record. And yes! I think we will beat the Giants the 2nd time around.

11-5

and then joe gibbs yadda yadda yadda brings the team back into the playoffs right after, hitting a 4 game winning streak and beating dallas to get in.

Joe Gibbs. Joe Jackson Gibbs. This is Jim Zorn. I know we were all annointing him to the hall of fame during the three week span when teams hadn't yet figured out how to kick his ass but I am not ready to start creating his bust for Canton just yet.

So far what we have seen of Jim Zorn with all due respect is that his draft picks and overall personnel strategy is completely internally inconsistent. His offense has been relegated to a 10 yard box on the field at this point and Greg Blache is the only reason his team is not 2-8 at this point.

Telling me that this team is going to ride a wave of emotion to defeat the giants at home because it is Sean Taylor ring of fame day is delusional. It is a pandemic on this board of people who are straining logic and credibility to argue that there aren't serious problems with a team that has lost all three national tv "statement games", lost to a winless team at home as a double digit favorite, got their asses handed to them by a blitzing defense, had a bye, and didn't seem to expect the exact same thing the next week against a division rival they had against the ropes so it happened again the following week. Now, throwing any sense of logic or reason out of the window you guys are willing to assume we will beat the giants on emotion, philly because they laid an egg in cinci and baltimore "just because". That completely ignores reality. ANY team that can sustain a pash rush against Jansen and company and lock down on Santana is gonna kick our ass.

Like last year when we made the giants season by blowing a half time lead, we have now given our hated rival renewed life while we are grasping at the fundamentals of football, namely blocking while ALL of our draft picks except our 7th round miracle pick either are still injured or are simply too dumb to grasp the playbook. They can't beat out James Thrash man. James Thrash. These are second round picks!! Oh, but they are relatively worthless right? I mean we gave one away to bill parcells so cavalierly for an aged vet who has one foot in hollywood already because that pass rushing monster we were going to go into the season with, Philip Daniels got hurt. Please. :doh:

You wanna talk about heart? Heart is beating St. Louis. Heart is not getting destroyed by Pittsburg in front fo the entire country after announcing it was a big game for us all week while their entire fan base cheered for the visiting team in our seats. Heart is beating your hated rival who just came off of a 30 point loss to the giants and losing 4 of the last 6 AT HOME and mustering up a pathetic 10 points after having a bye to figure out how to protect the QB from a Dallas defense that has been exposed by the rest of the league. Heart. what a joke. This team comes up small every single time they are put in a position of legitimacy. Every single time.

Well for the record, I'm not marking the Philly game as a W. But Cooley has NOT disappeared, he has been giving steady production. If I recall, he was 2nd in the league among TEs in receptions & yards after the Philly game, and is currently 3rd, and the difference between him and #1 is still about the same as it was after the Philly win. The only thing that he hasn't been doing much of this year is scoring TDs, and hopefully that will pick up, as scoring offense is probably our weakest area right now.

EDIT: I just looked at the stats, and Cooley is currently tied with Gonzo for #1 in TE receptions, and trails Gonzo & Witten by around 10 yards or so.

I stand corrected about cooley. I admit I didn't research his stats and it "seemed" like I just haven't seen much out of him since he fumbled awaythe St. Louis game to the winless rams in our house. I just haven't felt like he has been an impact like in prior years. He has one touchdown for example. But if you researched those stats I certainly can't argue with it. My perception is that he is not an integral component of this offense like in the past. I see that he actually had 7 catches against the boys. your right. My apologies.

I honestly think that the rest of our season hinges on this seattle game...

if we come in there and play inspired and get some momentum and win by 10 points or more..... I see us winning 3 or 4 more games down the stretch....

if we come in and squeak out a win and the offense looks similar to what we saw the last 2 games.... or if we lose the game... we might win 2 more games....

Joe Gibbs. Joe Jackson Gibbs. This is Jim Zorn. I know we were all annointing him to the hall of fame during the three week span when teams hadn't yet figured out how to kick his ass but I am not ready to start creating his bust for Canton just yet.

So far what we have seen of Jim Zorn with all due respect is that his draft picks and overall personnel strategy is completely internally inconsistent. His offense has been relegated to a 10 yard box on the field at this point and Greg Blache is the only reason his team is not 2-8 at this point.

Telling me that this team is going to ride a wave of emotion to defeat the giants at home because it is Sean Taylor ring of fame day is delusional. It is a pandemic on this board of people who are straining logic and credibility to argue that there aren't serious problems with a team that has lost all three national tv "statement games", lost to a winless team at home as a double digit favorite, got their asses handed to them by a blitzing defense, had a bye, and didn't seem to expect the exact same thing the next week against a division rival they had against the ropes so it happened again the following week. Now, throwing any sense of logic or reason out of the window you guys are willing to assume we will beat the giants on emotion, philly because they laid an egg in cinci and baltimore "just because". That completely ignores reality. ANY team that can sustain a pash rush against Jansen and company and lock down on Santana is gonna kick our ass.

Like last year when we made the giants season by blowing a half time lead, we have now given our hated rival renewed life while we are grasping at the fundamentals of football, namely blocking while ALL of our draft picks except our 7th round miracle pick either are still injured or are simply too dumb to grasp the playbook. They can't beat out James Thrash man. James Thrash. These are second round picks!! Oh, but they are relatively worthless right? I mean we gave one away to bill parcells so cavalierly for an aged vet who has one foot in hollywood already because that pass rushing monster we were going to go into the season with, Philip Daniels got hurt. Please. :doh:

You wanna talk about heart? Heart is beating St. Louis. Heart is not getting destroyed by Pittsburg in front fo the entire country after announcing it was a big game for us all week while their entire fan base cheered for the visiting team in our seats. Heart is beating your hated rival who just came off of a 30 point loss to the giants and losing 4 of the last 6 AT HOME and mustering up a pathetic 10 points after having a bye to figure out how to protect the QB from a Dallas defense that has been exposed by the rest of the league. Heart. what a joke. This team comes up small every single time they are put in a position of legitimacy. Every single time.

both of you guys did a great job pointing out what is wrong with the team, but neither of you actually took away anything from what i originally wrote. i was simply saying that making the playoffs after ST's death was actually a great show of heart. if you want to argue about THAT specific moment from last year, i'll be happy to. otherwise, i don't need to hear your opinions on coaches and various games we should have won THIS season. i agree with most of them, anyway. chill.

Archived