Siven

Who wins the NFC North?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC North?

• Bears
    • Packers
    • Vikings
    • Li...oh, hell, who am I kidding?

Whose got it? whose had a ride on one? tell me all about it.

I ask this question because I've always liked the Ducati Monsters (as far as looks go), and I'm going to be in Spain and also throughout Europe for the next summer and fall/winter.

I have a Ducati dealership about a mile away and I think those things are awesome. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Just dont get a 600. you gotta go strong with Ducati or you just look scared.

The first Ducati I saw, I think I was about 5 or 6, and I just thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I always wanted one after that, and I know there might be better bikes to have, but it's fulfilling a dream and I just have to have one.

I'm doing a semester abroad in spain as I already said, and I think there'd be no better time to have a bike. I've already made up my mind to ride all around Europe over the summer.

The bike I was going for......

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1384/photos/183442#02.jpg

with a short exhaust sort of like

I was planning to ride from Barcelona (my semester is going to be in Barcelona), up to Paris, down through switzerland, through Hallstat austria, meet a friend in germany, ride to shepetovka ukraine (where my dads family is from, nobody has been there for almost a 100 years), ride back down through hungary and through croatia, across Italy, head up through Nancy and then through holland and denmark and up into sweden and norway (visiting trolltunga http://benjamin-meyer.blogspot.com/2008/07/adventure-to-trolltunga.html

I want to make it to greece and Turkey. I know my route sounds like a ridiculous loop of insanity, which it is, but it'll definitely be fine tuned to save gas and money.

My dad kills the well thought out plans and ideas and I was shocked when he told me "go for it, i'll pay for it"

Based on the graduation present my brothers recieved after undergrad, I'll probably spend 50-70 % on this trip but I think it's going to be well worth it and i'm going to have experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.

I'm sure when i'm an old man, i'll look back on this trip and think "I can't believe i ****ing pulled that off and did that."

I was also going to get decals of every country I pass through and put them on the tank of my bike, maybe I'll put a little extremeskins and redskins decal on the bike as well. Rep the skins internationally :D

That's a bad mother ****** right there. I love the raw carbon fiber and framework showing. There is no reason to cover up art with a bunch of plastic.

My buddy has one and it is too shweeet. 0-120 in nothing.2.

I don't know if your buying one here or there, but google Stuart Ducati. They have a ton of em, new and used and they know bikes.

That's a bad mother ****** right there. I love the raw carbon fiber and framework showing. There is no reason to cover up art with a bunch of plastic.

My buddy has one and it is too shweeet. 0-120 in nothing.2.

I don't know if your buying one here or there, but google Stuart Ducati. They have a ton of em, new and used and they know bikes.

thanks, will do.

I forgot to add that I'm going to be blogging about my trip the whole time I do it.

That is cool as ****, but I'd be worried about my arms on a big trip with those low handle bars. Man, that's your whole torso on your arms. I bet you can find a pad to strap to the gas tank to kind of lay on and kick your feet to the back stirups. You gotta think about the comfort too. Your gonna be on tha trig all the time. Your hands will be asleep in no time, until you get used to it.

That is cool as ****, but I'd be worried about my arms on a big trip with those low handle bars. Man, that's your whole torso on your arms. I bet you can find a pad to strap to the gas tank to kind of lay on and kick your feet to the back stirups. You gotta think about the comfort too. Your gonna be on tha trig all the time. Your hands will be asleep in no time, until you get used to it.

Yeah, I'm going to take my time while I'm over there. I dont really plan on cranking out any 500 mile days or anything like that. the point is enjoying the journey, but even if I need to do a long long ride, i'm not too worried, i know driving a car is different from riding a bike as far as comfort is concerned, but driving long distances, from DC to toronto in one day with only two stops for gas has never bothered me.

i'm sure i'll change my mind when i've been on a bike for 15 days straight but i'll deal with that when that day comes.

I think it would be fun. You just have to buy the right stuff. Spare NO expense on rain gear. You'll get what you pay for too. I'd rather roll the bike down into a revine and take a bus than ride freezing cold and soaking wet. Especially being wet. yuck.

One thing I'm a bit worried about is I really haven't found any information if the s4rs can be fitted with some sort of saddlebag or side mounted storage container. I might need to get a more traditional touring style bike. I would probably sell it towards the end of the summer and buy the s4rs for the semester in spain.

The place I'm talking about is FLORIDA SPORTS CYLE AND ATV.

yeah I found it, thanks.

I think I'm going to buy my bike there, because shipping is going to be crazy, then sell it over there, and then come home and buy one to have in the states.

yeah I found it, thanks.

I think I'm going to buy my bike there, because shipping is going to be crazy, then sell it over there, and then come home and buy one to have in the states.

Well, shipping aint all as bad as you'd think. You'd rent space in a container. Some boat owners ship trucks to out of way places to have wheels when we fish, but the taxes on bringing something like that in can be hazardous to your health when you see how much they charge. I'd be more interested in getting one over there too. You know they don't fagg em out with emision crap and tree huggin bull ****. You know they have to be way cooler than what our government would allow here. 14 billion horse power, no muffler. Stuff that wouldn't even be street legal here.:cheers:

I'm tellin you right now. If I win a couple tournaments this winter I'm paying splitbill the money I owe him and getting one secretly and hiding it in the garage. I want that superbike, but I'd have to remove all the plastic ****.

1098 RS?

or the 1098 R?

it's a sick ride, but it actually scares me a bit. the power in that bike is just mind boggling.

1098 RS?

or the 1098 R?

it's a sick ride, but it actually scares me a bit. the power in that bike is just mind boggling.

My buddy had the 800 and said onced he got used to it he wanted more. He did say though even it was as powerful and fast as anyone would need. He's got the 1098 now. His second 1098.:doh: You know what happened. This is Florida. Bikes are like magnets for old people. I don't know why that is. If I see cop lights a paramedic and an accident, I always look for the bike. It surprises me how many times I'll find it all crushed up.

My buddy had the 800 and said onced he got used to it he wanted more. He did say though even it was as powerful and fast as anyone would need. He's got the 1098 now. His second 1098.:doh: You know what happened. This is Florida. Bikes are like magnets for old people. I don't know why that is. If I see cop lights a paramedic and an accident, I always look for the bike. It surprises me how many times I'll find it all crushed up.

i have a similar story. I was lucky enough to go to italy when I was 14. Riding to the hotel from the airport was actually a pretty long ride and while we were in the cab we were going 80-90 mph and a guy on a sportbike races past us going probably 130 at a bare minimum.

about 10 minutes later we crossed through the intersection, and there was the same rider on his back in the center of the intersection being treated by paramedics with his bike all mangled up down the street.

Archived