Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HELP! Going on cruise this weekend

allskins

I'm leaving on a cruise this Saturday to Bermuda and I'm not sure if I'm going to get to see the game. Has anybody ever been on a cruise and been able to watch the Redskins play? This is my first cruise so I don't know if their bars show the NFL games or not. I think I'll be in Bermuda by the time the game starts so, anybody know of any spots there where I can possibly watch the game? ANY HELP is appreciated! Thanks!

i went on a cruise a few years ago and they had select games - i guess whatever the local fox or CBS was playing nationally. i have no idea how to determine.

I know it was during the skins and bucs game in 2005, where they won on the bull**** 2 point conversion. I had to keep hitting refresh for $2 per minute at the internet cafe on the boat because it was not being shown.

I can only hope they have improved the options, becasue that was some of the negative feedback I gave the ship.

I was just on Carnival last month and to my surprise, they did not have NFL ticket like I was told from several friends. They only got local broadcast out of Denver if you can imagine that. Anyhow, me and several others were not pleased...I missed the Saints game because of this.

You can get directv supercast and watch NFL games online. I think you need to have Sunday ticket and Superfan to get it though. Go to directv.com. I ve been to several cruises and they all had internet access.

Good luck !

you can watch the ticket online? never knew that. see it now.. prettycool

Younger fans...learn from this poor soul.

Plan vacations to get away around the bye week, or someplace where you know you can watch the skins.

Also, don't get married in the Fall...your anniversary will be on a football Sundays every seven years. Naturally, exception being getting married to a skins fan and anniversary would be spent going to the game....

OK bro....not that poor of a soul on a cruise...have a GREAT time....

and to make matters worse....you will probably get ESPN......Deportes that is once out to see. Be prepared to watch some exciting soccer match in Spanish. Previous poster is correct also in that the network feed you get will be from Denver so unless it's a national game....be prepared to watch the Broncos and wait for the updates. As far as internet...be prepared for really slow service and costs of about .50 a minute unless your ship has wifi and then you can pay for that and maybe get a decent signal in your cabin. BTW, I'll be on the Carnival Liberty the Sunday of the Ravens game....that's what I got a DVR for. Have fun on your cruise, I know I will on mine;)

Seriously, just tivo it and watch it when you get home. Assuming you don't want to know the score until you watch it, chances are you will not find out the score until you get home anyways.

You're spending tons of money on this cruise (probably with significant other?) - trust me, don't waste away the time watching the football game. Yes, there's only 16 weeks of the NFL, but trust me, you may forget it on.

That said, BAD PLANNING! Learn to plan your trips! :D

Younger fans...learn from this poor soul.

Plan vacations to get away around the bye week, or someplace where you know you can watch the skins.

Also, don't get married in the Fall...your anniversary will be on a football Sundays every seven years. Naturally, exception being getting married to a skins fan and anniversary would be spent going to the game....

OK bro....not that poor of a soul on a cruise...have a GREAT time....

I did my best in the planning. It was easy convincing her to schedule it during an away game because I have season tickets and knew she wouldn't want me to waste away a game. Getting her to schedule it for the bye week was pushing it.

YES I have and I'm going on a cruise next weekend more specifically on Monday the 3rd of Nov. if the skins are playing a nationally televised game you will toherwise you won't.

Thats why I choose to go ont he 3rd since we play pittsburg on ESPN...which should be on my cruise...

Seriously, just tivo it and watch it when you get home. Assuming you don't want to know the score until you watch it, chances are you will not find out the score until you get home anyways.

You're spending tons of money on this cruise (probably with significant other?) - trust me, don't waste away the time watching the football game. Yes, there's only 16 weeks of the NFL, but trust me, you may forget it on.

That said, BAD PLANNING! Learn to plan your trips! :D

I think you're right. It is just the Lions and I can wait til I get home to watch it. Good advice, thanks!

The last cruise I was on (Carnival) had a slew of NFL games on in one of their bars. It was out of Miami and we had both a Fox and CBS channel in the room. It was the Skins bye week last year so I didn't bother checking beforehand but you may want to call the Cruiseline and ask them what channels they get.

Was on Royal Caribbean's biggest and newest ship this year out of Miami during the first game against the G-Men and was unable to see the game, and that was nationally televised. So I wouldnt expect you are gonna see it. Internet service was also too slow to get any video connection. Was able to listen the game via Sirus on NFL.com

Archived