Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players you HAVE to pick

Golgo-13

It is pretty much agreed that we have some need positions that need to be addressed through the draft. Most of us would agree that D line, Saftey, and maybe Tight End and WR fit into that category. However, what I want to know is which players that don't play any of those positions do you HAVE to take if they are still on the board when we pick? I'm talking reality here, of course, obviously Charles Rogers, Jimmy Kennedy, etc. won't still be on the board, but who do you think are possibilities to drop into our lap that you couldn't turn down if given the chance?

Here is my choice:

Jeff Faine

This guy could help to put our O line over the top and possibly into record books. From really good to great. I would have a VERY hard time passing on him at #44 even though it's not slated as a "need" position. What do you guys think? Any other names come to mind?

I would take Faine in a heartbeat......he seems to have all the skills for both C and guard and he could grow with our young tackles and Thomas....Moore played admirably but we need a young person to take that over eventually .

I guess another shocker would be a LB taken with 2nd pick.....if they find the heir to Armstead or Trotter if we think we'll release Trotter in a couple years for cap reasons....

In my opinion, the players that I couldn't pass up.

#1 Jeff Faine-for all reasons stated above. An absolute steal in the 2nd round, solidifying the line for years to come.

#2 Kelly Washington- was mentioned with Rogers and Johnson as the top receivers in the draft before his injury (neck). Big & strong with excellent speed and would be perfect as our #3 guy.

#3 Willis McGahee- if we passed him up we'd be kicking ourselves in the *** for years to come.

Archived