Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would it take for us to get Tory Holt?

Ji

I think the Rams would trade Holt for the the right deal. here is a veteran who is 32 who will never have a chance to win a title again with the Rams. I think he would love to be traded and the Rams would trade him pretty cheap..he could give us this year and 2-3 more good years and more importantly, put Randel El on the bench.

Pats got Moss cheap--Cowboys got Owens cheap--why cant we get Holt cheap?

My reaction to this thread is.......:doh:

why why why.....holt is a GREAT player and would love to have him, BUT we have good receivers right now and we are 4-1 and still have the two rookies to get involved so why in the hell would we consider that. Also our chemistry is AWESOME and doesnt need to be messed up. (even though holt isnt the type that would do that)

Holt has been an excellent receiver. If he came off the street, even now he could make an addition to the team. But we already have 5 receivers on the roster and, for the first time in forever, it looks like we have some youth to back up our #1 and 2 receiver as they grow older.

It takes a couple of years for all but the most elite of receivers to make major contributions to the team. Let's continue to develop the new guys. Throwing Holt in the mix could cost us the next Horton or Rinehart in trade. We want to keep the average age moving lower. Adding aging vets can still help when the need is real and the opportunity presents itself (e.g. Jason Taylor), but we do not have that need.

Archived