Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[DallasNews] Shawn Springs: Terrell 'Usain Bolt' Owens better be ready

RedskinsSuperBowl21

Let me get this straight:

He gets how many picks to get us INTO the playoffs, then he has one bad game in Seattle, which means the world.

Then he has one good game this season, the game that JUST happened, but that game means nothing?

:rolleyes:

Getting INTs does not mean you are a shut down corner. INTs are a lot like steals in basktball. It could just mean you gamble more and bite.

Springs has been known as a gambling corner. Thats why Hassleback fried him each time in the playoffs. He would 3 step drop fake the pass and throw deep on him. He got bit each time. First play of the game in both games.

He should be moved to safety. I don't trust his cover skills at all.

Without knowing all the background behind the quote or the relationship between SS and TO, I'd tend to think it's not a good idea for SS to be mouthing off.

But, sometimes prima donna types like TO can have their heads messed with, especially when the bold words come from a source where we don't normally hear it (Springs).

Funny, if Smoot ran his mouth we'd all ignore it because that's his style. Looking deeper, I'd say this is a good thing for Springs to be speaking up like this. Could mean he and the team are ready for the challenge of whatever the Pokes have to offer. Sort of reminds me of Riggins showing up in fatigues the one time.

Ok, I've read all the posts, and to sum up:

1. Comparing TO to the fastest, baddest sprinter in world history is an insult.

2. Shutting down Devery Henderson and Anquan Bolden just happens to every corner, and Springs should move to safety because he got beat a few times in the playoffs last year.

Happy hour's startin early for me.

Archived