Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predictions come true? Criticisms addressed?

guinnesscrazy

I'm starting this thread for anyone who has either:

1.) Made a prediction that came true (or very nearly).

2.) Provided constructive criticism after a game that you have seen addressed in following games.

Granted, it's early in the season, so many of the "we will finish..." predictions cannot be addressed until later in the year - but I figured this thread would be bumped should people's thoughts come to fruition a couple months from now.

And, needless to say, I'm hoping this thread emerges as more of a "well done, sir... pat on the back" sort of thing as opposed to the more negative, "I told you so" variety.

One of the posts that made me think of this was one (someone will remind me of the poster, I'm sure - sorry if the screen name escapes me at the moment) poster who proclaimed that the Skins would finish off Arizona 24-20. I recall reading that post after the game and thinking, "dang, this guy was right on the money. Well done."

I know many people love to predict things, but hate to say "I told you so" after the fact, even if they were right. There's also many people who love to point out the fact that they were indeed right. Either way, when most of us predict something that ends up being pretty close to reality, I think it makes us feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside, so I'd like to give some of those people the opportunity to post those moments - whether it was 20 years ago or last week.

I have just a few from the last few weeks alone that I'd like to share.

1.) I heavily criticized Zorn's playcalling after Week 1 against the Giants.

Since that game (and notice I'm posting this thread after a two-game win streak :cool: ), it appears to me that Zorn has excelled in this area. The 4th and 1 throw vs. NO was risky, but, since it worked, appeared aggressive and ended up being a great call. Same thing with the throw to Cooley on 3rd down against the Cards. In the last 2 games, I haven't seen much in the way of mismanagement of the clock, predictable run-run-pass-punt drives, or confusing formations.

2.) I also heavily criticized our O-Line after Week 1 with regards to protecting Campbell and providing blocking for our RBs.

Well, in the last 2 games, the protection has simply gotten better and better. Perhaps that's more a factor of JC going to the shotgun more, but it appears that the O-Line has made some adjustments and has placed more focus on giving JC time to screen the field. The blocking could still improve, but it looks like we've gotten more solid with each passing game.

3.) After Week 2, I posted some stats and decided that CP runs best to the left side and why not keep running him that way if it works?

Of course I'm not saying the coaches are reading my posts of ES, but in Week 3, Portis had 14 runs off the left guard/tackle (4.1 YPC), 2 runs up the middle (1 YPC), and 5 runs off the right guard/tackle (1.6 YPC).

Anyway, I'd like to hear other people's predictions that came true or criticisms that they saw addressed - but let's keep it light folks... no haters in here sayin "I told you that so-and-so sucks..." ;)

:point2sky

as long as they post when they were wrong as well

I'd agree with that, but usually the people who are way off base either don't come back to post for a while (hoping people forget?), or come back looking for nothing but conflict.

But you do have a point. I can't remember how many threads I've seen over the last month or so where someone says, "...I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but you know I'm not wrong..." and they conveniently disappear from the board a few weeks later once they've been proven wrong. :doh:

That said, I'm really just interested in hearing more specific stories I guess from other people - that aren't of the "...the Skins will be a/[not be a] playoff team..." variety. :cheers:

Archived