Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Radiohead Fans here?

godeatgod

Radiohead tracks appear on web

The band's sixth studio album is not due until June

Songs from Radiohead's long-awaited forthcoming album have appeared on the internet more than two months before it is due to be released.

Unfinished mixes of tracks from Hail To The Thief are already available for downloading by fans.

Radiohead have previously spoken in favour of using the web to obtain music, but they have said they are not responsible for any leak.

Guitarist Jonny Greenwood said he felt "bemused, though not annoyed".

"It's a little earlier than we'd expected, but there it is," he said.

Contributors to some of the band's fan websites have expressed their excitement about the songs turning up online.

Greenwood said he was pleased that the tracks were receiving such a positive reaction.

However, Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich pointed out that they were unfinished versions.

"It's the rough mixes, some tracks not even finished," he said. "Not really what I'd want the world to hear, frankly."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2909545.stm

This album is simply amazing, even better than their previous works :notworthy . I haven't got the "leaked " version as of yet but you can download all the new tracks that were performed live last year. I can't wait till 10th of June and BTW, As of now this album sounds more like OK computer than Kid A but with Radiohead you never know. :)

i have had most of the new material from recent tours, and for the most part it is pretty good... always sounds different when it comes out of the studio though...

can't wait for the album, supposed to be returning to the guitar sound of the bends which should be a nice change of pace. while i have loved every album they released (save pablo honey, most of it) i get off on them doing what they want when they want-- for the sake of music. they can do no wrong. be it acoustic numbers, electronic beats, or whatever they kick some ***! the live version of "like spinning plates" and the studio version of it are the best examples of the diverse talents of the band. both releases are great, but entirely different sounding.

has anyone heard anything about them touring the us again? i had tix to the show that got rained out in the dc area last tour-- what a bummer.

I am a looser and a creep. I want a perfect body I want a perfect soul,

your just like an angel your skijn makes me cry I float like a feather in a beautiful world I wish I was special your so very special and I am creep I'm a widow what the hell am I doin here

I don't belong hre I don't care if it hurts

Man I love that band. I want to have control

I want you to notice when I am not around your so very special I wish I was special but I am a creep I 'm a widow

What the hell am I doin here when I don't belong here wo wo she's riding out again

she's riden out run run ruuuuuuuuuun ruuuu uuuu uuuuuunnnn what ever makes you happy what ever you want your so very special I wish I was special,

Man these guys rock

Guess I better start down lodin.;)

Thanks for the heads up.

Radio head rocks

I've heard the new album (the rough mixes, not the live stuff).

Some great stuff on it, though I don't think it's anywhere near The Bends or OK Computer on the whole.

It sounds sort of like Kid A and Amnesiac, -- abstract, chilling and dark -- but more song-oriented and less electronic.

I'm just psyched b/c this means they'll be on tour again. I saw them at the Gorge Amphitheater in eastern WA state in 2001. One of the best concerts/venues I've ever attended.

Originally posted by Jagsbch

I am a looser and a creep. I want a perfect body I want a perfect soul,

your just like an angel your skijn makes me cry I float like a feather in a beautiful world I wish I was special your so very special and I am creep I'm a widow what the hell am I doin here

I don't belong hre I don't care if it hurts

Man I love that band. I want to have control

I want you to notice when I am not around your so very special I wish I was special but I am a creep I 'm a widow

What the hell am I doin here when I don't belong here wo wo she's riding out again

she's riden out run run ruuuuuuuuuun ruuuu uuuu uuuuuunnnn what ever makes you happy what ever you want your so very special I wish I was special,

Jagbsch - I believe Thom Yorke is saying "wierdo", not "widow" ... it's just that relatively silent British "R".

thanks for the up take on the widow tripman you wont believe it them Bch's on the Jaguar board got me drinking early, so excuse my drunkin hooprah I have had a change of heart on the Dixie Chicks I love them Bch's now

Just follow me here and tell me do we really need to Boycott the Chic's or give thm a slap on the ***? I think I am on to something here. check it out seriously

http://mb.jaguars.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=015991&p=

OH man don't get me started!!!Radiohead is THE best band in the world. As stated above, they can do no wrong, ok, there are bands that can compete with them, but their musical visuality is unreal. Videos,concerts,extras,tracks, etc. etc. are the best. I have bought every radiohead full length and some singles they have came out. I am pretty critical about the music I listen to and have a high bar for musical talent. They surpass the bar beautifully. Radiohead, keep it rockin and keep it coming! :cheers:

My wife has always been a huge fan of Radiohead. I always thought they were ok, but I wasn't a huge fan. Well she finally got me to take her to 1 of their show last year, and it was awesome. 1 of the best live shows I've ever seen. :high: Those dudes put on a serious show.

You lucky dog, got to see them live. The show that I wanted to go to and was rained out-- I waited for nearly six hours in foot deep water before they cancelled it!! I was so damn pissed. Go to hear the soundcheck though... what a tease.

Riggo, I have a copy of that Gorge show, great stuff... I believe it was the first time they played "Reckoner"

My second fav band after the Beatles...

and Jags: there is so much better Radiohead out there than Creep... please don't go there. Good to see another fan regardless!

And has anyone else heard that they will finally be putting "True Love Waits" on an album? This album? Any album names?

Originally posted by AJWatson3

and Jags: there is so much better Radiohead out there than Creep... please don't go there.

I would agree with this, but I must say that song has stood the test of time with me. I still think it's great. There seems to be a backlash from Radiohead fans because so many people have only heard that song from them (and SO long ago).

"Radiohead? Yeah they sang Creep, right?"

I like Radiohead because of how diverse their music is. No formulas here. I can't say I like EVERYTHING they do, but you can't say their sound gets old.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by AJWatson3

i read about it on the site:

www.ateaseweb.com

a great radiohead info place.

also you can check out:

http://www.valueradio.ee/

click on the radiohead link to the right, then at the bottom of the browser the 13 songs link. you can listen to each song as you please, but you can't download them from there.

wesuckyoungbloodla.jpg

Thanks AJ,

Great website

:cheers:

Archived