Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those attending the Giants game - A Message from Giants on parking lot and traffic

Skinz248

Hey guys,

Some info everyone that is attending the game should know.

:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck

Thursday night's game will be a traffic and parking challenge if those attending don't plan ahead. Because it is a weeknight and kickoff is 7 p.m., we are asking fans to be mindful of three key points: 1) car pool; 2) Arrive early. Lots will open on Thursday at 2 p.m. Remember, parking on the Meadowlands complex is by pre-paid permit only; all others should follow the directional signage to the satellite parking lots in Lyndhurst, 3) If possible, use mass transit out of the city. There is no longer bus service from the Port Authority. The 351 Bus has been replaced by a new rail/bus route. See information below.

Finally, for those people who commute in the area of Giants Stadium, they may want to consider an alternate route on Thursday due to the game traffic.

If those attending the game follow the guidelines above, we will minimize the issues involved in entering and exiting Giants Stadium on Thursday night.

It's going to be a great night, and we want to do everything possible to make sure it is an enjoyable experience for those in attendance.

Thanks.

New Rail/Bus Shuttle Service to Meadowlands Sports Complex Begins Thursday, September 4, 2008

Convenient Service from NY Penn Station at the Same Low Price

Beginning Thursday, September 4, 2008, NJ TRANSIT will replace No. 351 Bus service with a new rail/bus shuttle service between Penn Station New York and the Meadowlands Sports Complex viwill no longer operate to the Meadowlands from the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Here's how the new service works: Customers traveling to the Meadowlands for sporting events, concerts and other major events will board trains at Penn Station New York (PSNY) and transfer at Secaucus to waiting shuttle buses to the Meadowlands. Regular $10 roundtrip tickets will be sold at all PSNY ticket windows and ticket vending machines. For major events, dedicated ticket windows will be available at PSNY for your convenience.

Getting there is easy:

1. Go to Penn Station New York - Penn Station is located 8 blocks south of the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 33 Street and 8 Avenue. Subway service is available on the A, C, E and 1, 2, 3 subway lines. (From Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the train one stop downtown.) rdth

2. Buy Your Ticket - Special $10 roundtrip tickets are available at all NJ TRANSIT ticket windows and ticket vending machines at Penn Station New York . Cash, debit and credit cards accepted. Tickets are valid for rail transportation between PSNY and Secaucus and for bus transportation between Secaucus and the Meadowlands Sports Complex. (Buy your ticket before boarding the train. Tickets purchased onboard are subject to a $5 surcharge.)

3. Board a Train - Check the departure monitors for NJ TRANSIT trains with "SEC" shown next to the train number. Only trains labeled "SEC" will stop at Secaucus; do not board a train that does not indicate "SEC." Secaucus Junction will be the first stop (about 7-10 minutes after departing New York ).

4. Transfer at Secaucus Junction - At Secaucus, exit the train, go upstairs and follow signs to the bus loading area. Use your train ticket to pass through the fare gates.

5. Take the Shuttle Bus to the Meadowlands - As you board the bus, present your ticket to the bus operator. The trip will take about 15 minutes.

After the event:

* Buses to return to Secaucus Junction will operate up to 30 minutes after the conclusion of the event. See reverse side for departure locations.

* At Secaucus Junction, check departure screens for the next New York train. (To view train schedules in advance, visit www.njtransit.com)

Transit Information & Customer Service - 1-973-275-5555

www.njtransit.com TT 1-800-772-2287

My brother is a huge Giants fan, and has said that him and his Giants buddies are arriving at the Stadium around 10 am. He said that at the preseason game they asked the security guys from the parking lot if the rules above would be enforced strictly or not and they basically said no it will not be strictly enforced, and that they would allow cars in early. Take this for what it is worth and I hope we can set up a nice ES tailgate, and if someone wouldn't mind starting a thread for a roll call (I would but I just got a crap load of work to do at the job).

LET'S KICK SOME GIANT BUTT

I can not wait for Thursday Night!! :silly:Doesnt look like many other skins fans will be making the trip up this year but I was wondering if any one knew of any places to hang out near the Meadowlands on Wed night? Or even anything interesting going on in NYC that night. Just thought it was worth a shot.

:gaintsuck:cheers:

Shoot me a PM with what kinda interesting stuff you are looking to do. There are a couple places you might be interested in depending on the "entertainment" you are looking for.

I agree that less people are making the trip, and it may have to do with a lot less tickets being available because they are doing the ring ceremony, as well as it being a Thursday Night game and the season opener. :gaintsuck

Archived