Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I got a firewall now I...

Jagsbch

That "Gator" stuff is spyware. Stay away from it.

Don't know about the other one. More than likely they are all companies trying to get access and, now that you have a firewall, they may need some kind of permission.

LOL someone is spying on me... how do I get rid of it? and how can I find out who in the hell the signal is going back too. this is not cool

Created Thursday, August 01, 2002 9:45:45 PM

Accessed Monday, April 07, 2003

I guess somebody out there has my #

So I am exploring this file and it has hundreds of site's listed that I have visited. I have learned my lesson of deleting programs in the past so I am hesitant to do anything any more without getting some advice first. Thanks for the advice.

code,

Normally spywares are not so harmful. What they do is they spy on your surfing habits and pass on this information to parent companies who blast you with ads and pop-ups depending on your profile so determined. I think it's a good idea to have your firewall up and running as some web-sites leave executable files in your computer that may compromise your system and eat up precious computer resources. What you can do is allow free access to your web-browsers and media players and judge other programs individually, most firewalls can be configured as such.

Originally posted by skinna

code,

Normally spywares are not so harmful. What they do is they spy on your surfing habits and pass on this information to parent companies who blast you with ads and pop-ups depending on your profile so determined. I think it's a good idea to have your firewall up and running as some web-sites leave executable files in your computer that may compromise your system and eat up precious computer resources. What you can do is allow free access to your web-browsers and media players and judge other programs individually, most firewalls can be configured as such.

Thank you, that's great information. I can use that to look at my software and configure it the right way...

Thanks again..:cheers:

I run Adaware and everytime I delete everything it gives me as a result that it found, with the exception of one fine I need to run KazaaLite. When I click on "continue" to erase all of the other Gator files it always says that I cannot delte about 4 or finve of the Gator files. I did file search on my poc for Gator and found nothing. Should I just ignore this then?

I think Gator comes packaged with kazaa so i doubt you can remove it from your system. While gator is very annoying and it is spying on you all the time, i don't think it's really harmful to the system. I don't know enough about file-sharing programs but there may be other programs that don't come with spywares, unlike kazaa.

Archived