Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kia, Mia, and Pow

Jagsbch

How many charitable organizations out there, that you know of, who cater to the need's of the immediate families of those soldier's who are Kia, Mia, and Pow?

I know the families of those killed in the 911 incident are practically set for life, but what are these families getting for not only being a victim of terror, But who are also fighting the war on terror.

I hope that families of martyr's of Jihad are not receiving More from Saddam and Ben than the martyrs of freedom who are fighting the war on terror. If there is not an established organization who are meeting the need’s of the Families, then I am proposing Project Home Front be established to take care of the families of those who are taking care of us, and other’s around the world in pursuit of freedom. I am not picking up much action on this matter on my radar. Maybe someone could inform me if such an organization exists, who's sole funtion is devoted to families of those Kia, Mia, and Pow.

American Legion

The American Legion Endowment Fund

Legion. None is so intimately identified with the word "veteran"

A History of Service

In 1925, World War I had been over for six years... but for veterans and their widows and children, the years had been a continuing struggle to adjust to the war's aftermath. The members of The American Legion, aware of the grave responsibility entrusted to them by those who had served, knew the time had come to take action.

More than 900,000 Legionnaires, Auxiliary members, and other American citizens joined the campaign, raising nearly $5 million and establishing The American Legion Endowment Fund.

Since those early days, over $22 million have been distributed to disabled veterans and orphans of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Famous Americans such as Presidents Herbert Hoover and Calvin Coolidge, William Randolph Hearst, and Gen. John J. Pershing have distinguished the Fund by serving on its Honorary Committee, but the Fund's real power comes from people like you.

Today there is no accurate

record of the total number of veterans' organizations, but among them all, none has grown so large or has exercised such wide influence as The American

=====================================

So since 1925, the largest Vet. ORG. has distributed just over 22 mil. to disabled and orphans. I think we as a country can do better. Just in this year alone, but we have to strike while the Iron is hot.

Department of Veterans Affairs

=================

POW/MIA link

POW/MIA Advocates

We believe that our government has abandoned

some of our countrymen who became Prisoners of

War (POW) or Missing in Action (MIA). We believe

the government has moved to delay resolution of

the POW/MIA issue at every turn. We actively

pursue the resolution of the POW/MIA issue and

demand a full accounting of all cases. We

support the efforts to release all intelligence

information held by agencies of our government

regarding POW/MIA cases.

POW's Prayer

By Jean Ray and L. Vancil

Father,

Your own Son was a prisoner.

Condemned, he died for us.

Victorious, He returned to bring us the gift of life everlasting.

Comfort us now in our longing for the return of the Prisoners Of War and those Missing In Action.

Help Us Father;

Inspire us to remove the obstacles.

Give courage to those who know the truth to speak out.

Grant wisdom to the negotiators, and compassion to the jailors.

Inspire the media to speak out as loudly as they have in the past.

Protect those who seek in secret and help them to succeed.

Show us the tools to do Your will.

Guard and bless those in captivity, their families, and those who work for their release.

Let them come home soon.

Thank you Father.

Amen.

==============

Though I believe the Government has been helpful, I think we all know that no one should ever have to depend on the strapped resources of our government, especially now with our huge budget problems with the war and recession. There are a lot of people out there wanting to help, and our government has all but shutdown a lot of the packages going to our soldiers, so as not to clog up the thin supply line's from urgent supplies. I figured channeling the heart's of Americans who are open now, before they close, to help the Families KIA, Mia, POW, who need it. I think this is a hot idea, not all POW families were as blessed as PFC Jessica Lynche, but we can make all the difference in the world for them if we act now. Carpe Diem

Archived