Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NPR Fires Pro-Bush Disc Jockey

stratoman

Jack, let's turn this around then.

Would you be in favor of NPR firing him if what he did was condemn Bush for the War in Iraq, and praise NPR for their bias against Operation Iraqi Freedom? There really is no difference between the two scenarios other than the tenor of the comments.

I don't know much about newsmax.com, but I'm not going to assume I'm getting the whole story from a "news" report that starts out with "The taxpayer-supported drones at National Pinko Radio have fired a disc jockey for not parroting NPR's leftist party line". Sounds like like they might just have a teensy little slant of their own.

Originally posted by redman

Jack, let's turn this around then.

Would you be in favor of NPR firing him if what he did was condemn Bush for the War in Iraq, and praise NPR for their bias against Operation Iraqi Freedom? There really is no difference between the two scenarios other than the tenor of the comments.

I think the main reason he got fired was because he bashed the company that he works. So if he condemned Bush and went on to bash percieved NPR bias I would have fired him too.

I still don't think it's a big deal anyway, let's just get to crushing Iraq like a grape!

Terry Hughes was on the Factor last night and he stated the reason he was given to his firing was that he commented on a controversial subject. He also went on to say that the DJ that was on before him made emotional comments that were antiwar, and that person is still at NPR. :jerkoff:

It's "shocking" :rolleyes: that a govt funded radio station would fire a right leaning outspoken DJ and not fire an outspoken left leaning DJ.

Jack, if this was a local station they could do whatever they wanted, but because it's funded with GOvt money, they cannot.

Kilmer,

I don't know why I care about this but here goes again.

He wasn't fired for his right wing (wacko!) beliefs. He was fired for taking shots at the network he works! If you can't see it, I don't know how to help you.

Originally posted by JackC

Kilmer,

I don't know why I care about this but here goes again.

He wasn't fired for his right wing (wacko!) beliefs. He was fired for taking shots at the network he works! If you can't see it, I don't know how to help you.

That's not the offical reason Terry was given for his termination.

He was told he was let go because he spoke out regarding a "CONTROVERSIAL subject". Terry also stated that the DJ that was on NPR before him was making an emotion driven commentary with a huge antiwar slant but that DJ wasn't let go.

Can't you see the hypocrisy JackC?? :?:

Originally posted by stratoman

that information game straight from the "horses mouth"

:doh: :gus: :doh: :gus:

What horse? The disgruntled ex-employee? A very unbiased source indeed! The guy is paid to do a R&B show and he goes on the air to bust the company and then cries when he's fired?

:doh: :doh:

Archived