Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blitz: The League II

SkinsFan#1

I noticed another Blitz game is going to get released this fall with conceived players/characters and alternate reality team names. I used to play Blitz and NHL Hitz all the time, so I'm hoping this will be a good alternative/companion to Madden for over-the-top gameplay and online competition. Any other fans of the Blitz series?

• 1 month later...
I've been a fan of Blitz since Da Bomb on the original Blitz. :) I haven't played the first Blitz: The League yet though. So I have to get my hands on that. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Looks like you don't need to have played the first game to know what's up in the second.

Also, they've added to the injury thing to make it better this time... you can actually target not just specific players, but specific body parts. :cool:

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1779/blitz-the-league-2-developer-interview

The Precision-Aim tackles are activated by landing Dirty and Unleashed tackles on your opponents. When a big hit leads to an injury, time momentarily slows and targeting circles appear on the ball carrier. The number and placement of the circles is based on the height and angle of the tackle. A simple flick of the Right Stick picks a targeting circle. The player can then “pump up” the intensity of the hit by rapidly pressing the A/X button, increasing the chance of getting a major injury. All of this happens in less then two seconds so the flow of the action remains constant, just like it did for our Unleashed hits in Blitz 1. Once the injury location and intensity has been determined, players are treated to the most brutal injury animations ever seen in a sports game. These aren’t the X-ray plates of Blitz 1. These are full color movies that would be right at home on any prime time crime scene investigation show.

Archived