Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Old Redskins premier jerseys?

bch89

There is no such thing as a "real" art monk premier jersey.

He never signed with players inc. Therefor Reebok cannot produce a jersey with his name on it. Every Monk jersey you see people wearing are fake unless they have an actual jersey he wore when he was playing (which i doubt anyone has)

So basically you're SOL unless you want to cop a fake.

There is no such thing as a "real" art monk premier jersey.

He never signed with players inc. Therefor Reebok cannot produce a jersey with his name on it. Every Monk jersey you see people wearing are fake unless they have an actual jersey he wore when he was playing (which i doubt anyone has)

So basically you're SOL unless you want to cop a fake.

Do they do custom premiers? If they did make customs I would settle for one of those. I meant real as in licensed by the NFL not the fake ones from Japan

Do they do custom premiers? If they did make customs I would settle for one of those. I meant real as in licensed by the NFL not the fake ones from Japan

I meant real as in licensed by the NFL not the fake ones from Japan

That's what i meant too.

And no, they don't do custom premiers. they do custom replicas and authentics but not premiers. (i work for a jersey store so i would know)

what you can do is buy a custom Authentic from here http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1772772&clickid=body_rv_img

it's $285 but you can also use this discount code ABNC45Q81 and get it for$240. still expensive but hey its 45 bucks off. but you need to realize it will not look like the jersey he actually wore(the actual jersey Monk wore when he was playing had screen printed name & number, not stitched) It will be the current jersey with stiched name & number.

But as far as finding a true authentic Monk or the other guy you mentioned, you won't find one.

That's what i meant too.

And no, they don't do custom premiers. they do custom replicas and authentics but not premiers. (i work for a jersey store so i would know)

what you can do is buy a custom Authentic from here http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1772772&clickid=body_rv_img

it's $285 but you can also use this discount code ABNC45Q81 and get it for$240. still expensive but hey its 45 bucks off. but you need to realize it will not look like the jersey he actually wore(the actual jersey Monk wore when he was playing had screen printed name & number, not stitched) It will be the current jersey with stiched name & number.

But as far as finding a true authentic Monk or the other guy you mentioned, you won't find one.

When did the stitched numbering begin?

mid to late 90's..

Today Reebok is the only company that can make Authentic Jerseys. However, back then you had companies like Nike, Puma, Adidas, etc and all of them were allowed to make authentics. Teams were allowed to sign a contract with whichever company they wanted to make thier jerseys.. so different companys started making stiched jerseys at different times. I don't know who did it first but by the late 90's/early 2000's every team had stiched. just recently i think 2001 or 2002 Reebok signed an exclusive deal with the NFL which allowed them to be the only company to make auhtentics or any type of jersey for that matter.

mid to late 90's..

Today Reebok is the only company that can make Authentic Jerseys. However, back then you had companies like Nike, Puma, Adidas, etc and all of them were allowed to make authentics. Teams were allowed to sign a contract with whichever company they wanted to make thier jerseys.. so different companys started making stiched jerseys at different times. I don't know who did it first but by the late 90's/early 2000's every team had stiched. just recently i think 2001 or 2002 Reebok signed an exclusive deal with the NFL which allowed them to be the only company to make auhtentics or any type of jersey for that matter.

Did hanburger and jacoby wear screen printed or sewn-on numbers. THanks for all your help.

screen printed.

look you can see the redskins were still wearing screen printed when deion was on the team. and that was what 2000?

ssandersiyo7.jpg

There is a Jacoby premier jersey though. I had one at my store a while back.

Thanks for the helpful info! I saw the Jacoby premier and was actually thinking about getting it.. also the John Riggins one caught my interest as well.

Archived