Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Radio 950 fall line-up

sly

Starting August 11th, ESPN Radio 950 - Richmond's Home of the Redskins, will be debuting a new fall line-up. The most important part of the change is Greg Burton's move back to the afternoon drive. This gives the station great local bookends Monday through Friday.

Everyone here working hard to present the best local and national content as possible, but please don't hestitate to give us a call (804-233-7666) or e-mail me personally and let me know what you think (slighr@redskins.com). I'd love to know what you like and what we can do to improve. And, please keep supporting our sponsors!

Thanks ES!

6a-8a - Mike & Mike in the Morning

8a-10a - SportsPhone with Big Al

10a-1p - The Herd with Colin Cowherd

1p-3p - Tirico & Van Pelt

3p-4p - The Scott Van Pelt Show

4p-7p - Hardly Workin' with Greg Burton

950espnhomeoftheredskinut1.jpg

hardlyworkinhr3.png

edit: Here is the official press release... http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/3665953/ad8fa4bc/Press_Release_-_Burton_to_PM_Drive.pdf

Sigh...Big Al

Please give us Mike&Mike back for the full morning slot. Big Al and his homespun cornpone flavor have really worn thin.

This is exactly the kind of stereotypical image people up North have of us Richmonders...gruff, ignorant rednecks. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Considering we don't have the Riggins show anymore, it's very important to keep as many local hours as possible.

Give those 2 guys who do the weekly Redskins show a regular slot five times a week. They are educated, well-spoken, and really seem to enjoy discussing the team.

People will be loyal to anything if there's nothing better to choose from. Richmond deserves quality local radio.

I listen to 950 every day, so I'm supportive, I just feel like the bar can be set higher.

Give those 2 guys who do the weekly Redskins show a regular slot five times a week. They are educated, well-spoken, and really seem to enjoy discussing the team.

You mean Redskins Radio ... Bram and Larry?

Bram is now working for ESPN full-time, and Larry is only doing online content for Redskins.com (and still doing play-by-play on game days).

I listen to 950 every day, so I'm supportive, I just feel like the bar can be set higher.

I really appreciate you listening and supporting the station. Trust me, everyone here wants the best quality content in Richmond. By the way, PM me your address so I can send you a couple freebies!

You mean Redskins Radio ... Bram and Larry?

Bram is now working for ESPN full-time, and Larry is only doing online content for Redskins.com (and still doing play-by-play on game days).

Sorry, my bad. I was actually thinking of the two local guys that did the Redskins weekly show on 910am.

I switch back and forth so much it tends to blur.

I'll get ya that PM...cheers~

Big Al has a very loyal audience.

No, he has a very loyal circle of friends that call into his show. The "inside" jokes and banter with his buds gets old real fast. But, because he has an uncanny ability to draw and keep advertisers, it keeps him in that seat.

I'm sure there is plenty of local talent that the station can tap into that could do a much better job. I listen to the nationally syndicated shows that are on 910 during Big Al's show, because they are much better. National or local, doesn't matter to me if it's good.

Archived