Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why aren't the Redskins considered contenders?

skinny21

There are just a lot of little factors that add up. I actually don't expect much untill next season.

Think about it...

1st year of a new head coach

3 of our top offensive weapons are rookies

Jason needs one season of prooven sucess to convince a lot of people he is the man

Rocky MacIntosh and Carlos Rodgers are coming off MAJOR injuries.

Questions about the D with no Sean Taylor

Now, alot of the above are legit points, but next season they won't be. I think we are going to need this season to find ourselves, and then next year, we will be a force.

Do I think we are contenders …hell yes. Does someone who isn’t a fan think so, probably not.

This last sentence pretty much sums up the whole thread to me. If one is not blinded by homerism and bias, reality often appears.

This is the case with fans of ALL teams. If you stand back and truly look, you can find serious discrepancies on every team in the league. The ones that overcome or hide those discrepancies the best are the ones usually left standing at the end.

hmmm...the Patriots have made their share of superbowls, and I think it is completely sound to say without Tom Brady it would be nothing more than a mere shell of a championship team.
My point is when you have depth you can contend for a superbowl even with a few injuries...:applause:

Archived