Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN, NFL Network May Merge

jimster

ESPN commentators are horrible. NFL Live sucks ass PERIOD! Their "experts" are so far off base its laughable. The Redskins could win the superbowl and they would just complain about how the other team deserved to win it more. They made a mockery of us when we went to buy everyone, and now when we become self controlled, they complain we dont do anything to help our team.

Sad thing is, the NFL Network has to do this. In terms of commercial success for a network, the NFLN is a flop. If you don't beleive me, just watch the NFL Network-if you can get it- for 1 hour. In that 1 hour, count how many commercials are actually paid for by outside advertisers, like Hummmer, Cadillac, Gillette etc. and compare that to how many are for the NFL Network itself or just general NFL marketing. Its like 30-70 split favouring the NFL.

Add to that the "outrageous" license fee they want from the cable companies taht they refuse to pay, and they are left with a smaller market that what was originally intended.

They tried to save the thing from dying last year by putting 8 games on the network, something they originally said they would never do, and just barely got by.

Sad thing is, the NFL Network has to do this. In terms of commercial success for a network, the NFLN is a flop. If you don't beleive me, just watch the NFL Network-if you can get it- for 1 hour. In that 1 hour, count how many commercials are actually paid for by outside advertisers, like Hummmer, Cadillac, Gillette etc. and compare that to how many are for the NFL Network itself or just general NFL marketing. Its like 30-70 split favouring the NFL.

Add to that the "outrageous" license fee they want from the cable companies taht they refuse to pay, and they are left with a smaller market that what was originally intended.

They tried to save the thing from dying last year by putting 8 games on the network, something they originally said they would never do, and just barely got by.

I see what you're saying. You see the exact same commercials over and over on the NFLN, but ESPN does the same thing, just not as repetitive.

The thing I don't understand, when I still got cable, Comcast had 3 freaking NASCAR channels and 2 hunting and fishing channels, but they refused to broadcast the network of the most popular sport in the country. - I think this is just a case of too much greed is involved here. They could make it work if they wanted to.

Archived