Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pacman talk impresses Goodell

Cowboy8467

Well, it seems like he's at least starting to say some of the right things. He might be reinstated yet..

He's gotten an extreme makeover by his agents. Hall of Famer-turned-radio gabber Michael Irvin has helped him plead his case. Even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has admitted he is at least a little impressed by what he hears. All in all, there is a repackaged Pacman out there, just waiting to be traded from the Titans to the Cowboys. So what's the delay? Why hasn't Pacman Jones been shipped to Dallas? Consider the two owners involved -- Bud Adams and Jerry Jones. This is a Texas thing. Any would-be trade has evolved into a football version of Texas Hold 'Em.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/47084

That is all negated by reality. Here is reality...

2. Jones said he’ s not confi

dent that Pacaman will be

reinstated. “I’m not at all.”

http://startelegram.typepad.com/cowboys_corner/2008/04/jerry-jones-tal.html

Thats just talk from the guy trying to get Pacman for cheap. Noone, not even Jerry Jones, is going to trade for a guy they think may not be reinstated. Jerry is just trying to nudge Tenn closer to his lowball offer.

I would try to refute what you say, but I always end up getting distracted by your SIG and then I lose my train of thought :D
I'm not saying anything. I'm just pointing out that even Jerry isn't confident that Jones will be reinstated. Also, fannation is part of SI, which negates it's credibility completely.

Thats just talk from the guy trying to get Pacman for cheap. Noone, not even Jerry Jones, is going to trade for a guy they think may not be reinstated. Jerry is just trying to nudge Tenn closer to his lowball offer.
I used Jerry's comments to illustrate where he thinks Goodell stands. Goodell has made it clear that Pacman has a LONG way to go to even be considered for reinstatement. When asked, he said IF he continues to so ALL the things outlined, he would revisit the matter. His tone and allusions to so many cotingencies suggest that he has not been convinced at all by what Pacman has done so far.

Archived